Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Edelbrock Victor Jr installed on H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Victor Jr installed on H2

I bought a Trailblazer throttle body last fall, right before my Radix'd stock 6.0 let go on me. I was determined to still use that throttle body so now I finally accomplished that goal I used it with a Vic Jr on my H2. It took about 10 hours total time to install, but I wasn't rushed and had some issues to resolve along the way. The end result was well worth the time involved. It fired right up first try and has no error codes. No emissions equipment was deleted during this installation.

4 pages of installation pics are hosted here

THANKS to...

Edelbrock for making a great product and sending me the missing fuel rail stands when that dirtbag from "Straightline Performance" blew me off for about a month!

John at Speartech for his great adapter harness (and for his support on my 1991 Vette TPI to LSx conversion!).

Aaron at Intake elbows for the great 90mm elbow.

Intakehoses.com for the 4 inch silicone hose and tubing.

Fred Beans parts for the great deal on the TAC module.

Summit Racing for having all the little parts and working through the hose connections with me!

Corvette Forum "Parts for sale" section for a smoking deal on the Trailblazer Throttle body.

It takes a lot of people to pull this stuff off. I ported my own intake, assembled all the hoses, and did the install alone... but lots of information was given to me by the people above over the last couple of months.

Last edited by CHarris; 08-20-2006 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:51 PM
FormerVendor

That's a really sweet install! The Edelbrock intakes are really making for a great optional intake for truck setups. Congrats on the thorughly nice swap.

Please give us some impressins on how it behaves under various driving conditions.

Cheers,

Richard
Old 08-20-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks, Richard.

I've got to break out the laptop tomorrow for some logs. I would expect to need to tune for this based on the large quantity of additional available airflow.

My first impression is that it gained a nice kick in the *** when I stomp on it... but I'll wait to see the logs before I get on it too much. If I had headers it would be unreal... I have everything except headers... lol Otherwise, its like stock really. Idled fine when it started up and doesn't show any issues. I think the truck feels quicker at tip in... but it should! I don't notice any "lag" like I lost torque or anything.... but I am running a 402 with AFR 225's. Maybe I'm used to a certain amount???

The only really hard part of this is the fuel routing. You have to really think about where you wnat your fuel lines to run. I wanted my fuel "Y" on the rear... but the way things are layed out I didn't have the right stuff to do it without cutting the factory fuel line off and using my 3/8 hardline to AN6 adapter behind the engine. I preferred the option of not cutting the factory line so I ran how I did.

Anyone on this board can assemble Aeroquip TFE hoses. They're teflon and have the outer braided coating. All you need is a vise and a couple of wrenches. They are very easy... you just keep pushing them in while you tighten the ends on.

Anyone with a truck should choose this intake over the FAST. There is no interference with the pulleys at all. The price is about the same... depending on how you option it out. I probably have $1100 in this intake without any labor charges thats the whole thing from the airfilter to the intake gaskets.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:05 AM
TECH Addict

hey dude glad to see you back.....how does it drive at low rpm's....any issues at all with the v jr.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Second Truck Club

Very nice , thanks for posting the pics I'll be installing mine when my engine gets back from the machine shop. Let us know how it does
Old 08-20-2006, 06:41 AM
14 Second Truck Club

That's awesome! I'd like to do that for my 383 if somebody would make some parts to do it. Looks sweet man, keep us updated.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Resident

Just when I thought I was done with my truck, I quess this would finish it off nicely
Old 08-20-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I posted a thread the other day about this option, I love the idea of a carb on the lsx based motors. I have a few questions if anyone can answer...

1. how much trouble is change from electric tb to a cable tb. Mine right now has electric.

2. which setup would be better..the fuel injected or full carb setup?

thanks

moe
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

looking good, sounds like pedal response is still there. Is this in preperation for the Turbo setup?
Old 08-20-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moregrip
looking good, sounds like pedal response is still there. Is this in preperation for the Turbo setup?
The turbo is still the plan... but either way this intake is a good move. I gained nearly 30% cross section area under the fuel injector in the manifold. This intake definitely pulls more top end.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock Victor Jr installed on H2