Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

The Edge Juice RULES!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 04:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The Edge Juice RULES!!

Well, I exchanged christmas presents with my girlfriend today and she got me the 90 hp/250 ft lb torque Edge Juice power box. That thing rules.

The truck is like a different machine now. It has so much power I can't believe it. I hit the loud pedal off a stop, black smoke pours out the tailpipe, and the 285/75 rear tires are burning, lol. I can only imagine what the 125 or 145 Edge programs are like. I'm going to get the attitude monitor for the inside cab, which adds 35 more hp and another 100 torque. Then, she'll really scream.

I swear the truck is going to rip the front right off the snowmobile trailer the first time I tow with the juice. I'm going to own some ford diesels now.
Old 12-24-2003, 05:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Jorday
Well, I exchanged christmas presents with my girlfriend today and she got me the 90 hp/250 ft lb torque Edge Juice power box. That thing rules.

The truck is like a different machine now. It has so much power I can't believe it. I hit the loud pedal off a stop, black smoke pours out the tailpipe, and the 285/75 rear tires are burning, lol. I can only imagine what the 125 or 145 Edge programs are like. I'm going to get the attitude monitor for the inside cab, which adds 35 more hp and another 100 torque. Then, she'll really scream.

I swear the truck is going to rip the front right off the snowmobile trailer the first time I tow with the juice. I'm going to own some ford diesels now.

Oh man, I am in high envy of you and your DMax powered truck! Well if all goes to plan I will be driving on in the spring! Get some vid clips of you smoking the tires from a dead stop.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I swore i would never go oil burner,but the Dmax can be made to go dam fast without all the cash it takes to make a gasser run.I need 2 trucks, a Dmax and rcsb4x4 with my 6.0
Old 12-24-2003, 06:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Hit Man X
Oh man, I am in high envy of you and your DMax powered truck! Well if all goes to plan I will be driving on in the spring! Get some vid clips of you smoking the tires from a dead stop.
I have wanted a DMAX for 2 years now and finally got one. When the new HD trucks first came out a few years back, I originally wanted an 8.1 L truck until I started reading up on the ol' DMAX. The truck is just awesome, and it has exceeded every expectation I had. I haven't even drove my heads/cam Z28 one time since I bought the truck, even on nice days. That pretty much sums it up right there. I was not even interested in diesels until the DMAX arrived. The DMAX turned me into a diesel freak, and I spend hours at a time reading about diesel engine stuff online.

Very quiet for a diesel. Starts up immediately even in cold temperatures like 10 degrees F without being plugged in. 16 mpg is the worst fuel economy I have gotten so far, I usually get 18. And it's just so easy to modify them it's sick. What other car or truck can reach 800 rwtq for 1000 bucks? It literally took me under 2 minutes to install the juice. If you want to drop some cash into the allison trans, your potential for power is just through the roof after that.
Old 12-24-2003, 06:34 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I watched an 04 DMAX w/ 1000 miles get dynoed last week. It made 22x hp and ??? tq (I missed the baseline run). The guy installed a bully dog programmer set for a 125 jump I think. It made 381 hp and 720 tq with just the programmer. I was so suprised at how cheap that power can be.

I agree w/ Gonzo, it wouldn't take too much pushing for me to drive a DMAX, but I wouldn't give up my SS for one.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

we have an 03 duramax/allison tranny combo. have the HOT juice box with attitude monitor. simply awesome sickening sweet amazing. we literally gained 25% better milage towing on level one over stock at 80 mph with our 5th wheel. love it. esp the monitor.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:57 PM
10 Second Club

You have the hot juice with the attitude monitor? I have just the regular juice for now, but I am planning on the attitude monitor eventually. With the regular juice/attitude you get up to 125 hp, which is the same as the hot juice. The hot juice box+attitude monitor is 145 hp, right? Do you have a stock trans? The guy at the place my juice came from said don't get the hot juice + attitude with the stock trans.

Jordan
Old 12-24-2003, 11:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i will tell you the same as all the other diesel guys. the stock allison is good for stock power. anything more than that and it is WHEN not IF you burn up the convertor and clutches. x-man knows his stuff on this too. for us, we have limped the tranny once and probably beat on it a few times a week. level 5 is insane. for reference, we raan a reg juice box on level four and hammered it all the time and never limped the tranny. lievel 5 with hot juice is like an extra 350 rwtq or something insane. it is a promised 800 rwtq on completely stock motor. stock is good up to 525 ft-lbs at the CRANK. 800 rwtq is a hella big number at the crank. lol. at this point, you either have to decide if you want big power, or just enjoy a lower power setting.
Old 12-25-2003, 12:17 AM
10 Second Club

Yah, the general idea that I read is pretty much what you just said. This is what most people tell me: 90 hp juice you can run without worrying about it usually. HOT Juice you might limp the tranny once in a while with it. Beyond HOT Juice and you will run right through the stock transmission right away.

I have heard a lot of mixed reviews about the quadzilla 135 hp stealth tuner. Must guys prefer Juice over it, but some say the quad is good, too. About half the people that the quad 135 works ok with the stock transmission, and the other half say that far too much for stock tranny.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:38 AM
TECH Addict

I wish my truck was a DuraMax diesel ........

Quick Reply: The Edge Juice RULES!!