Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Efans (i know i know another post)

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are FAL really that bad or is it just cost?
Old 05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
Are FAL really that bad or is it just cost?
Cost. Why pay over $400 bucks for a set of flex-a-lites when you can get the LS1 fans which are just as good for $100 or less if you hunt. That a lot more money to spend on other mods or strippers
Old 05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nasty73z
Cost. Why pay over $400 bucks for a set of flex-a-lites when you can get the LS1 fans which are just as good for $100 or less if you hunt. That a lot more money to spend on other mods or strippers

I don't know how you guys can do that, I wouldn't be ok with some beat up $50 e-fans under my hood. I'd rather pay $400-500 for some new ones that I know won't have any problems. Besides, if the fans stoped working, wouldn't it have been better to spend a little extra on some good fans than $4-6K for a new motor when those e-fans die on you?
Old 05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO
I don't know how you guys can do that, I wouldn't be ok with some beat up $50 e-fans under my hood. I'd rather pay $400-500 for some new ones that I know won't have any problems. Besides, if the fans stoped working, wouldn't it have been better to spend a little extra on some good fans than $4-6K for a new motor when those e-fans die on you?
I haven't heard anyone having problems with their LS1 fans. IMO it's better to buy used LS1 fans and install them than to buy Flex-a-lite fans. Even if the fans die then you could just buy another set of LS1 fans and still save money, but of course thats what I think.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

its a money thing, ther fal's look like they are suposed to be there and the used ls1 fans dont, dont be fooled fal's are a good product, it comes down to cash, some people will spend it on em some people wont.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:54 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did sum one say " STRIPPERS" ?
Old 05-29-2006, 12:26 AM
formerly silverbrick (changed 02/17/2013)

Originally Posted by 03lowriderss
its a money thing, ther fal's look like they are suposed to be there and the used ls1 fans dont, dont be fooled fal's are a good product, it comes down to cash, some people will spend it on em some people wont.
true, its all about personal preference. people wanting a REALLY clean build or a name brand to associate with every part installed will do FAL but if you just want some junk that will work and dont care who or what its from throw some e-fans on their. both will do the same job and i too havent heard anyone have the LS1 fans die? but whats another 75 bucks for a new set? you could buy atleast 4 sets of LS1 fans for one FAL. plus its not like every set of LS1 fans you buy off ebay are going to die just cuz they are on a new vehicle. if you want all the hardware to still be shiny then get the FAL or even if you are a little nervous about something malfunctioning and doing the work to reinstall the belt fan for a few days.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:43 AM
Staging Lane

All I know is that if I were at a cruise night and some joey pops his hood and says "yeah i just installed my Flex-a-lites," the first thing out of my mouth would be "Sh*t son, you could have bought a set of LS1 fans and harness and saved yourself 300 bucks!..."

So pick the lesser of two evils: A very custom and ingenuitive fan setup that people will ask questions about or throwing your money down the tiolet. Vanity is a mother.

Oh and to whoever said that LS1 fans are beat up and will die, I laugh at you.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2000 SILVERADO

u r correct but when mine go out i can drive to the deals r to a prat store and get a replacemant u have to park ur truck and order another one and wait for it to comes n by that time i am on the road again.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:52 AM
5 year bitches!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can have brand new fans fail right away, you can have old fans last forever. its ppl that dont know much and only think new is best

Quick Reply: Efans (i know i know another post)