Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

elec.fan conversion 04 Denali?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default elec.fan conversion 04 Denali?

I want to put elec fans in and get rid of the noisey power robber clutch fan! What do i need and where do start? I'm going to get a tune put on it so i thought i should do this so the program could tune the fans on!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Flex a lite 282's and they work really well,It comes with a controller in case you cannot get it tuned
Old 07-20-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Search is where you start my friend, search. This has been posted to death. If you have a specific question, then ask and we'll rehash it again.

EDIT: Here's a how to that I used for mine. http://james.jaguar.net/agreif/fans/fanstech.htm
Old 07-20-2007, 07:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
Search is where you start my friend, search. This has been posted to death. If you have a specific question, then ask and we'll rehash it again.

EDIT: Here's a how to that I used for mine. http://james.jaguar.net/agreif/fans/fanstech.htm
good link!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS

I did search, did not know about 2004 denali fans! But thanks for going out of your way to tell me to search, wouldn't of ever thought of that!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GTOsRamairSilverado
good link!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank-You!
Old 07-21-2007, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Can i put factory 05 fans on and is there a wire port there on my 04?
Old 07-21-2007, 11:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Factory 05 truck fans will not fit "unless" you have a 34" radiator. This radiator is a direct replacement for the smaller one.

What do you mean about a "wire port"??
There is an empty slot in the pcm connector to control the fans if that is what you mean.
It is pin 42 on the blue harness.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davidtomasiewicz
I did search, did not know about 2004 denali fans! But thanks for going out of your way to tell me to search, wouldn't of ever thought of that!
when you're using the search, keep the topic of search simple. Instead of searching for "2004 denali fans," search for electric fans, e-fans, e fan, or what they're commonly called as "LS1 fans."

I'm sure that your next question will be for how to hook them up, and reading about a harness. So do a search for "harness."

You can either search by the title in the thread, or the entire thread. Hope this helps.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davidtomasiewicz

Hey, no problem! Nice to know there's one more smartass on the forums.

Seriously, there's nothing to it, and nothing is different from GMC to Chevy. The only thing that makes a real difference is running large vs small radiator. The LS1 fans are a good choice for either (they cool my LQ9 SS just fine in 100 degree heat with AC blasting). I got my LS1 fans for $60 shipped with a broken tab on them (didn't need it anyway since it was a lower mounting tab that you don't need putting them into a truck), so it can even be cheap to upgrade. I think I spent another 20 bucks putting together the wiring harness including connectors and pins.

Quick Reply: elec.fan conversion 04 Denali?