Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 01:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

This thread makes me want to topple statues of people dead and gone.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,102 Posts

If you used an electric powered vehicle, you would have plenty of off idle torque, just make sure your strap angle is no steeper than 30 degrees
The following users liked this post:
tjmath (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 02:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 781 Likes on 571 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
If you used an electric powered vehicle, you would have plenty of off idle torque, just make sure your strap angle is no steeper than 30 degrees
Does the angle change if I use shoelace instead of straps?
Old 10-12-2020, 03:09 PM
100% Redneck

Received 1,334 Likes on 794 Posts

Originally Posted by dantheman1540
This thread makes me want to topple statues of people dead and gone.
This thread makes me want a pet monkey

dantheman1540 (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 03:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 254 Likes on 165 Posts
Thumbs up

Guys this thread is sad on so many levels. I really hesitated to even comment with so much testosterone here, but I'm guilty as well I suppose. Hope it's all in good fun and intelligent debate though and at least it's entertaining. Really smart people here I must say with great communication skills. The last thing I've ever wanted to do is insult anyone. Just knocked 'em out way too many to count. Now excuse me while I go crack another Corona lol. Cheers gentlemen! Peace.
The following 2 users liked this post by ZO6Ted:
dantheman1540 (10-13-2020), tjmath (10-12-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 10:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by tjmath
Clearly the only thing in your budget is paying for ******* gas you absolute ******* stooge.

My favorite part about all this thread is that you continue to call people names from behind your safe little keyboard, cuz I guarantee you wouldn't say any of the **** you are talking to any of these guys in person.

You say we can't have an open minded conversation yet we state our view points, whatever they may be, and just go all temper tantrum like my 6yr old when she doesn't get her way. Basically all the "trolls" in this thread have continually said that this option isn't a cost effective swap, never anything about electric not being the way of the future. I think electric will at some point take over in new production, albeit doubtfully in my lifetime. If your response to any swap not being cost effective, well yeah sure you can leave a vehicle stock and never do any modification to it, like you, but that's not why we are all on this site. You can make 500+ wheel hp for far less than it would ever take to integrate this electric motor and still have a reliable driver that is fun and makes awesome panty dropping noises when you mash the skinny pedal.
More buzzwords with you, and never any actual points.. I will certainly say it to the three of you. I know enough about you by how all you can do is troll like a child, make **** up, unable to have an adult conversation, and your overwhelming insecurity, that I can see enough of what kind of person you are. (This was one of the other jackasses: You've continued with trolling me in other threads, and now that you keep tagging me, you are trying to troll me beyond this website)

Is this supposed to be your point: "Basically all the "trolls" in this thread have continually said that this option isn't a cost effective swap," ?? Hey *******; I NEVER SAID this was a cost effective swap. I tried to make this thread about how could you possibly try to and what would it take to make it one. You keep mixing up comments with the other trolls in this thread and keep feeding each other, that you don't even bother to actually read the comments.

Instead of trying to discuss how you could save money on this swap, what parts and techniques need to be improved or are being worked on, or trying to just make aware of what the challenges are, you three just keep hitting it down with your little tikes hammers. You are nothing more than a little haters, bashing on someone for trying to figure out an engine swap, because you won't do it.

Last edited by adriver; 10-12-2020 at 10:56 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:48 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

Time to chill out, enough with the name calling and tagging other people. If you guys cannot continue this debate like adults then all involved will get a vacation from the site. Information wise it’s kind of an entertaining read, but the trolls and the childish comments need to stop. So you guys decide.

And on that note I’ll leave you with the first thing that came to mind when I skimmed through this thread.

ZO6Ted (10-13-2020)
Old 10-13-2020, 05:41 AM
TECH Veteran

So uh... what's wrong with the tagging again? If it's malicious or has some
use outside of this website, then why is it a function of this website?

For the record, @adriver got @tjmath and I confused in his rant up there. Also for the record, I tagged myself as well. Several times.

So if some one would like to explain why this site supports tagging but we aren't supposed to use it, I'd appreciate that explanation @03sierraslt
Old 10-13-2020, 05:50 AM
Admin

Received 217 Likes on 173 Posts

You don’t need to tag people for the purpose of harassing them. When you know you are pissing them off, and tag them you are now just instigating. If you are pissing them off and they just keep coming back then it’s their own problem. Tag yourself all you want, but when someone asks you to stop why continue? So rather than question why the site has tagging (which I am sure you already know) why don’t you explain why you continue to tag people that ask you to stop?

OP- if you don’t want tagged then go into your settings and disable notifications for tagging.
Old 10-13-2020, 05:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Since this applies directly to the OP, he never civilly asked me to stop, so I didn't take him seriously. Still don't, honestly: but that's aside

Also applicable to the OP, he wrongly accused a different member of tagging him for the purpose of harassing him *outside* this site. What basis does he have to make that allegation? What purpose does tagging a user have outside this site?

Using the tag feature to notify someone you are making a post about them, to include them or asking them to provide additional info is outside the realm of harassment, in my opinion

however this is 2020, and my employer recently agreed to recognize "unwanted conversations" as a form of harassment: so in that context, I too feel harassed. 😂

Quick Reply: Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.