Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 08:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,102 Posts

1) yes I do, in fact. Thanks to added range because I built a tank that sits where the spare used to. Thanks for acting like you know everything tho, its working well for you
2) My vacations aren't near ppl. Ever. I go to the middle of the forest away from everyone. Havent seen a charging port out there yet
3) Dont come in here all passive aggressive and call me wrong when I did my research before posting
4) electrification can kiss my ***
5) I'd still LOVE to see what your range in your electrified RV would be. 100? lmao. I'd also looooooove to see you put 9k behind an electric motor and watch that ****** melt right down and get you like 60-80mi
6) LS swap ftw
The following 2 users liked this post by arthursc2:
00pooterSS (10-07-2020), tjmath (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
1) yes I do, in fact. Thanks to added range because I built a tank that sits where the spare used to. Thanks for acting like you know everything tho, its working well for you
2) My vacations aren't near ppl. Ever. I go to the middle of the forest away from everyone. Havent seen a charging port out there yet
3) Dont come in here all passive aggressive and call me wrong when I did my research before posting
4) electrification can kiss my ***
5) I'd still LOVE to see what your range in your electrified RV would be. 100? lmao. I'd also looooooove to see you put 9k behind an electric motor and watch that ****** melt right down and get you like 60-80mi
6) LS swap ftw
Wow, you really are just a jackass. Is it really that hard for you to just have a hypothetical conversation?

1. You built your own tank to get, what an extra 3 or 4 gallons? Okay. Even if that's true, it doesn't make sense to me.
2. Just like the rest of this, its all about you. We can't be having a hypothetical conversation and bring up vacations unless were only talking about yours.
3. What passive aggressive? What research? You were a jackass because why exactly? Scroll up, its because I don't use Google. I have to use your search engine too?
4. Then **** off and go find another thread to not contribute in that gets your panties in a bunch.
5. You picked Model S. Now you're just making up range numbers too? An older winnebago really doesn't weight that much more relatively. An old bus weighs about 4 times what a Model S, but gives you options. I'd go on, but I think this is turned more into your insecurity, and you're not going to be able to have a real conversation in this thread.
6. Okay cool. Feel free to keep moving on.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

1) 30gal, actually. Total capacity 56gal; but if I am being honest I dont run it below 1/4 tank, which is ~10gal remaining so that leaves 46gal and I dont fill both tanks to 100% because (full disclosure here) the evap system cant keep up with both tanks and the second tank pressurizes itself. I havent sorted that out. So I run heavy with ~40gal when I do fill. 40*14 (she gets ~17 on the highway, but I am shorting it for the simps)=560. You know, the 500+ I've been claiming since I went and added up all the annual fuel averages: https://www.statista.com/statistics/...es-since-1990/
2) yes I am a jackass, first time on the internet?
3) of course its about me, I'm the only one that has provided research, numbers, shown my work and demonstrated this is a stupid idea
Old 10-06-2020, 09:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by adriver
1. You don't get 500+ miles on one tank in your tahoe.
2. Nobody said this was a race. Its an RV. If you are just taking your time, then it works out perfect. Its not like you can't stop and use a charging port the cars use that are all over anyways. How about a week long vacation with the family. You go out, and its ready to go back about when you are.
Last, You don't need to be a jackass about it. I included my link. I didn't just make **** up. We found two different numbers, for two different years on two different sites. SO ******* WHAT.
Bro, did you even read your link? It was a speculative article about the design Tesla would have to put into the Model S. The model S didnt even exist when that article was written

Everything about what you post is hypothetical. I am thus far the only one bringing math and data to the table
The following users liked this post:
00pooterSS (10-07-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 380 Likes on 292 Posts

I think the evolution of EV is awesome. Electric is not a one size fits all, there are plenty of reasons why.

I really want an Electric dirt bike. Riding in NJ is virtually illegal everywhere, I'll never let go of my 2 strokes but having an electric to ride and evade notice would be awesome.
dantheman1540 (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 10:00 AM
TECH Veteran

I'd mob that Segway E-bike or its imported variant

https://www.segway.com/dirt-ebike/

I dont know where, but I would
Old 10-06-2020, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 380 Likes on 292 Posts

https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/e-r...e-xc-2020.html

^This has my name all over it. I think you can get ~2 hrs of run time, which is perfect for the woods around me, But I'd still need my 2 smokes for any real trips
Old 10-06-2020, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

been a huge fan of my 2020 XCF-W 350. Shes pretty quiet
tjmath (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Literally the only defense electricifiers have is "bUt ThE 0-60 aNd InStAnT tOrQuE"

ok zoomers, how about pulling a trailer loaded, or firing up the race car and getting chills or driving across the country without stopping ever 180-200mi for a couple hrs to charge the car, if you can find a spot

#stuckinthepastandlikeit
THIS

When I first met my lady she saw the truck and was like ohhhhh. First time I stayed at her place and fired it up from the balcony while she was still in bed she rolls over and says "that is so ******* hot".

Electric cars are "cool" sure but they are definitely not the end all be all of the future. Not yet. The charging is terrible. They have no idea how to recycle or dispose of the batteries yet. Sure one day when those things are rectified they will become more popular.
Old 10-06-2020, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

electric go weeeee
tjmath (10-06-2020)

Quick Reply: Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.