Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Sure, if you wanna waste a dick **** load of money, then this idea is viable

better?

Ya narrow minded ****
Now its all about YOUR priorities. Still can't even make an effort.

Originally Posted by tjmath
I mean why else would you leave your woman in bed to leave your home without her knowing? Sure there was nothing you said to make it evident but it was certainly implicit in your verbiage.

I like this guy ^^^^^^
How about because you want to do something nice like that last minute birthday or anniversary gift. How about going out to run an errand, and want to let her sleep. I didn't narrow the focus, you did. You made a point, I made an equally valid counter point, nothing more.
The following users liked this post:
dantheman1540 (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 12:57 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I would run it as a P4. Just like the 2024 Corvette I worked on. La Ferrari uses something similar as well. Done properly hybrids will **** on everything.

Why are we arguing again?
Old 10-07-2020, 01:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by adriver
if its your priority to **** away 18yrs of fuel and 200k of memories, then go ahead

This is compared to a fairly inefficient example too. Compared to something more efficient, you'd need 50yrs or 500k worth of miles to break even

#logic
The following 3 users liked this post by arthursc2:
00pooterSS (10-07-2020), dantheman1540 (10-07-2020), tjmath (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 01:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts

I know some just like paying for gasoline,
Electricity ain't free, either. There may currently be some places you can get away with charging for free, but if adoption rate of ev's grows, that will end quickly, bet on it.

Funny thing about ev's. They're both interesting, and boring, simultaneously.

Richard

p.s. I'm a jackass too so don't bother trying to figure that out
The following 3 users liked this post by someotherguy:
00pooterSS (10-07-2020), arthursc2 (10-07-2020), dantheman1540 (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

How about because you want to do something nice like that last minute birthday or anniversary gift. How about going out to run an errand, and want to let her sleep. I didn't narrow the focus, you did. You made a point, I made an equally valid counter point, nothing more.
Lol you’re just backpedaling my guy. No one sneaks out of bed in the middle of the night to get a gift or go to the store. Sneaking out and not disturbing your partner is very implicit of doing some shady ****. To each his own. Regardless of motives of all that it’s still a **** reason to convert to electric lol.

if its your priority to **** away 18yrs of fuel and 200k of memories, then go ahead

This is compared to a fairly inefficient example too. Compared to something more efficient, you'd need 50yrs or 500k worth of miles to break even

#logic
Some people don’t understand ROI. If it doesn’t pay for itself in 2 years MAX I’m out on it.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:19 PM
TECH Veteran

tjmath (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

#logic
What inefficient numbers? You mean the "inefficient numbers" of a vehicle with an engine that has 533hp and 800 ft lbs of torque?
200K miles @ $2.00 a gallon at 10mpg is $40K. Care to try to use some real numbers?
That's not even factoring in 91/93 or higher octane.

A hashtag? You really are just a narrow minded jackass, who won't even try getting out of your own bubble. I just wanted to think about how this might work well, and you just have such a problem with thinking.

Originally Posted by someotherguy
Electricity ain't free, either. There may currently be some places you can get away with charging for free, but if adoption rate of ev's grows, that will end quickly, bet on it.

Funny thing about ev's. They're both interesting, and boring, simultaneously.

Richard

p.s. I'm a jackass too so don't bother trying to figure that out
That just sounds dumb. I'm not sure why you think that. Is there any reason at all to believe that, or is it just your opinion?

Here's the map, there are quite a few to keep you charged, and you will notice that big cities and tourist destinations seem to have their share.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgdhp

Lol you’re just backpedaling my guy. No one sneaks out of bed in the middle of the night to get a gift or go to the store. Sneaking out and not disturbing your partner is very implicit of doing some shady ****. To each his own. Regardless of motives of all that it’s still a **** reason to convert to electric lol.

Some people don’t understand ROI. If it doesn’t pay for itself in 2 years MAX I’m out on it.
You can **** off too. I'm not backpedaling. Was this really the way it happened?

When I first met my lady she saw the truck and was like ohhhhh. First time I stayed at her place and fired it up from the balcony while she was still in bed she rolls over and says "that is so ******* hot".

Electric cars are "cool" sure but they are definitely not the end all be all of the future. Not yet. The charging is terrible. They have no idea how to recycle or dispose of the batteries yet. Sure one day when those things are rectified they will become more popular.

Was this exactly how it happened or was this you trying to make a bullet point? I made an equally valid counter point. I haven't changed anything about my response. I think you are just trolling at this point with how serious you are trying to take yourself after your comment.

P.S. EVEN IF you want to keep on this path.. Guess what: this point doesn't have to apply to just you.
Old 10-07-2020, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

You can **** off too. I'm not backpedaling. Was this really the way it happened?

Was this exactly how it happened or was this you trying to make a bullet point? I made an equally valid counter point. I haven't changed anything about my response. I think you are just trolling at this point with how serious you are trying to take yourself after your comment.

P.S. EVEN IF you want to keep on this path.. Guess what: this point doesn't have to apply to just you.
If I’m trolling... you’re just feeding it. And there’s not **** you can do about it... freedom of speech and all.

But yeah you’re probably right trolling you at this point.

Lets look at your post:

Ok, but after you've been with that lady for a while and you need to get out, you can go start your EV, take off for whatever reason you have. Come home, slip back in the garage, slip back in the bad, and she will never wake up.
I stand by my statement of if you have to SNEAK out in any way shape or form there is something sketchy about it. But hey if you like to sneak in and out of your bed with your partner that’s your choice. Not something I would ever be interested in doing. Listing that as a “selling point” for an EV, or this crate electric drop in, is ******* stupid to be blunt.
Old 10-07-2020, 05:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Bro post #3 in this thread was literally ALL real numbers 😂

I can use whatever lingo I want, you clearly aren't reading anyway. What's narrow minded about a hashtag? I think the narrow mindedness comes from not accepting the fact that hashtags are common place in online communications, but hey. What do I know?
Old 10-07-2020, 05:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts

That just sounds dumb. I'm not sure why you think that. Is there any reason at all to believe that, or is it just your opinion?
Let's bottom-line this: if you honestly believe that you'll always be able to charge an ev for free, for perpetuity, you are very foolish. I don't have "proof" it won't stay free, but you don't have proof otherwise. My belief is far more grounded in reality, though.

Richard
arthursc2 (10-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.