Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2020, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by adriver
I didn't criticize your opinion, I criticized you. Yes mine was opinion, but I provided details in an effort to have a conversation. That was too much for you to do.

More people using electric vehicles yeah I am aware. Do you think they are done building charging stations? What do you think is going to happen over the next 20-30 years when gasoline engines are phased out of new vehicles?

They are still improving charging techniques. They have to up the voltage to increase the charging speed.

More people using electric vehicles yeah I am aware. Do you think they are done building charging stations? What do you think is going to happen over the next 20-30 years when gasoline engines are phased out of new vehicles?

Would that be your baseless _opinion_ that you repeated three times now, which doesn't actually address the issue I named, particularly, generating capacity..? I never said anything about charging stations. Your comprehension is laughable, for someone with such a bug up his *** about this subject. I get it though; if you actually responded to the points being made, you would have to admit your arguments have already fallen completely apart.

Richard
Old 10-10-2020, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 128 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
2nd day on the Internet?

If the fiscal consideration is negligible, why aren't there more adopters of the technology yet? Guess those "benefits" aren't outweighing the cost like you claim they are 😉
Clearly not enough rubes out there to believe that **** is chocolate ice cream and there's just not enough spoons to go around.

Richard
The following users liked this post:
arthursc2 (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 09:35 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Geez this post got off track.

I'd love this in my H2 and I could care less how much I pay for gas or how much the conversion would cost. Its different and would be a blast to drive.

Battery costs will decline as soon as Detroit embraces EV. They have too much on the line to allow this tech to get into the main stream. EV is not for everyone but there are enough people that drive only a few hundred miles a day that EV is not going to go away. If you really think about it, how many of use really travel 400, 500 or even 600 miles at a time? I think the first EV could only run for about 50 mils and look at that they can do today. I think (don't blow me up if I'm wrong) that the Tesla semi will run 500 miles and can recharge 400 mils worth in 30 mins. I don't know how big their battery system is or what it weighs but that's a pretty good first shot. Imagine what they might be capable of in another 50 or 10 years.

I'll give the new EV Hummer a serious look in a few weeks and I'm no tree hugging, environmental nut either.

Tim

Forgot to add if you've never ridden in or drive any type of EV, you're missing out. I'm a Harley guy and can tell you the first time I drove their Live Wire, I almost crapped my pants. Sudden acceleration is an understatement. If they could be that tech in something bigger like my Road Glide, I'd own one.
Old 10-10-2020, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

Received 281 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by adriver
Revving is what the engine does when it is running.
Well that is just incorrect. The engine cranks over and then IDLES when started. Revving is when you increase the RPM levels, generally at a rapid rate.

arthursc2 (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 05:47 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by timharber
Geez this post got off track.

I'd love this in my H2 and I could care less how much I pay for gas or how much the conversion would cost. Its different and would be a blast to drive.

Battery costs will decline as soon as Detroit embraces EV. They have too much on the line to allow this tech to get into the main stream. EV is not for everyone but there are enough people that drive only a few hundred miles a day that EV is not going to go away. If you really think about it, how many of use really travel 400, 500 or even 600 miles at a time? I think the first EV could only run for about 50 mils and look at that they can do today. I think (don't blow me up if I'm wrong) that the Tesla semi will run 500 miles and can recharge 400 mils worth in 30 mins. I don't know how big their battery system is or what it weighs but that's a pretty good first shot. Imagine what they might be capable of in another 50 or 10 years.

I'll give the new EV Hummer a serious look in a few weeks and I'm no tree hugging, environmental nut either.

Tim

Forgot to add if you've never ridden in or drive any type of EV, you're missing out. I'm a Harley guy and can tell you the first time I drove their Live Wire, I almost crapped my pants. Sudden acceleration is an understatement. If they could be that tech in something bigger like my Road Glide, I'd own one.
This... Everyone here is bickering like a bunch of pregnant women on a reality TV show, but as an engineer that has literally worked for GM on BEV/HEV/PHEV powertrain, I can tell you this for certain: you'll all be eating your words in the next decade. In fact, any naysayers that worked with me in PSEC at GM ate their words when the CT6 controls and calibration team was tasked with finding the limits of the CT6 powertrain. That car dialed in to its capability put down numbers to embarrass a Dodge Demon, and it wasn't just on a dyno.

Integration effort notwithstanding, I am still tempted to smash HEV powertrain into my own projects just to test the limits. In fact, I am in discussions with a Detroit EV startup to develop software to do just that. Until you have seen what true strong hybrid powertrain can really do, you're just talking out your ***. V8s are awesome and the sound is irreplaceable, but gnarly HEV/BEV stuff is coming and it won't be long until our V8s are no longer capable of hanging with the common 'daily driver' BEV with a toon...
Old 10-10-2020, 06:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Once they sort out the recharge/battery swap issue: sure. The advent and adaptation (and adoption) of electric vehicles is irrefutable. Until then, the convenience and infrastructure for liquid fuels will reign supreme. As will the sound, vibrations and general testerone production from exploding air and fuel in a contained cylinder

My entire argument (mostly out of my thumbs, not my ***) was that I can spend the same dollars, put down 200k of miles and nearly 2 decades of use. Or I could have an electric motor sitting in the garage: with no power, charger, controls or integration hardware

That was my argument. Still is, in-fact. But OP wants to claim "cost savings" that simply don't exist, but doesn't want to acknowledge that I proved him wrong. So it devolved into pregnant men bitching

Lets not forget, MY TAHOE 😂
tjmath (10-10-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 08:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by arthursc2
Once they sort out the recharge/battery swap issue: sure. The advent and adaptation (and adoption) of electric vehicles is irrefutable. Until then, the convenience and infrastructure for liquid fuels will reign supreme. As will the sound, vibrations and general testerone production from exploding air and fuel in a contained cylinder

My entire argument (mostly out of my thumbs, not my ***) was that I can spend the same dollars, put down 200k of miles and nearly 2 decades of use. Or I could have an electric motor sitting in the garage: with no power, charger, controls or integration hardware

That was my argument. Still is, in-fact. But OP wants to claim "cost savings" that simply don't exist, but doesn't want to acknowledge that I proved him wrong. So it devolved into pregnant men bitching

Lets not forget, MY TAHOE 😂
No, your entire argument, was to just be a jackass and try to shoot down every potential possibility of this, because you're insecure. You and the rest of your "ego-stroking" circle a jerks who can't stop liking each others every comment in here just shows how you need to "pat" each other on "the head" instead of just acting like an adult and thinking outside of your delicate bubble.
I never argued cost savings alone, I just tried to point out there are different ways to look at the numbers where you can offset the cost.
Not everyone needs gasoline to fuel their own testosterone, you should see a doctor about that. Again, thats the insecurity thing in you coming out. If your manlyness is defined about what powers your vehicles engine, you truly do have problems, and I think you have demonstrated that to an extreme in this thread.
someotherguy (10-11-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 239 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by someotherguy
Would that be your baseless _opinion_ that you repeated three times now, which doesn't actually address the issue I named, particularly, generating capacity..? I never said anything about charging stations. Your comprehension is laughable, for someone with such a bug up his *** about this subject. I get it though; if you actually responded to the points being made, you would have to admit your arguments have already fallen completely apart.

Richard
My baseless opinion? About this: "More people using electric vehicles yeah I am aware. Do you think they are done building charging stations? What do you think is going to happen over the next 20-30 years when gasoline engines are phased out of new vehicles?"
Try using some details. Go ahead. Which part? Which of those three sentences are you really trying to contradict? How incredibly pathetic that you can't make the slightest bit of effort. All you are is a troll. You are making zero effort to contribute anything of substance.

How hard is it for your insecure *** to have a simple conversation? Its so damn pathetic that you just keep making up stupid ****, and won't even try to make any kind of effort to think about your own questions before you ask them. Do you really think places won't be able to adapt and improve on creating green energy? Do you really think that wind and solar are currently at their limits? Do you have any clue how much money is in oil and gasoline, and all those energy producers are going to need to adapt? Do you really think that we are done creating power stations as we continue to grow and expand as a society or that every gas station out there is not going to be able to adapt?

Its not a gotcha question because you won't spend two seconds to come up with your own answer.
someotherguy (10-11-2020)
Old 10-10-2020, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1,503 Likes on 1,102 Posts

I find it heeelarious that the only one name calling and throwing a tantrum is you. Yet, you continuously call us names and refer to us as insecure because some of us can have a laugh and some of us think on a similar wavelength

I don't care that you didn't find the echo chamber you wanted here, but I assure you I don't need to see a doctor about anything. But if I did, I promise you MY TAHOE would get me there in air conditioned, panty dropping, great sounding comfort 😂

Maybe I'll park it right up front so everyone can see how small my manliness is too 😉
The following 2 users liked this post by arthursc2:
someotherguy (10-11-2020), tjmath (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of you keep on talking about waiting to re-charge the batteries, so what? What are you doing when you sleep at night? Re-charging your batteries.
Give me 800 hp of virtually zero maintenance for 200,000 miles and I'm in. Stomp the go fast pedal for all its worth without having to worry about blowing anything up and have fun. Gas is cheap today but what will happen if the current administration is voted out of office or there is upheaval in the Middle East. Were any of you alive in the 70's during the fuel shortage? $4.00 and $5.00 a gallon gas might change your minds about some of this new tech.

Tim

Quick Reply: Electric crate motor designed to fit small block chevy.