Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Emissions warning to Procharger owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 08:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Emissions warning to Procharger owners

yes, they do full visual inspection. That is the problem. They see a blower. A CARB legal blower at that. It has to be completely stock, or be CARB legal. Apparantly the CARB status must be approved, and on the website the city jackasses look at. I called ATI today, and the tag is never put on a blower until it is fully approved. They are trying to get me some paperwork, or something to show the guys that make too much of our money. These are people that have no job, if not for lawa as tight as this. I am all for testing of emissions, at a reasonable degree, but I feel I am being harassed at this point, so I feel I must make it happen one way or the other, which I will.
I will see tomorrow morning at 9 am, when I go to my "appt" with the referee facility. Wish me luck.
Old 05-09-2003, 04:43 PM
Launching!

Is there a CARB number on the sticker on the blower? You can look at the CARB website and sort by EO number and see if the description applies to your truck. If it is not on the list, then either ATI is lying or it was recently apporved and CARB's website has not been updated to reflect that.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sam - What happened?

Here is the CARB # on my P1SC1 for my Camaro. It's the same as yours Sam. It's listed on the CARB site but, is for a Ford app or older body style F-body. ATI is the only company on that list that doesn't look like they are on the ball with there CARB certifications.

<font color="red">http://community.webshots.com/sym/im...pwNVbim_ph.jpg<!--color--></font> Copy and paste link to see picture of CARB tag.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ok guys, here's what's going on. Apparantly, CARB does not update the page very much (suprised?) The guys at the city referee facilty called down to the CARB place in California, and they said, "yea, it's approved, no problem"
even though it's not on the EO list. So basically, all this could have been avoided if the city guy would have taken the initiative, and called them the last tiem I talked to him. They looked it over good too. Took pictures, and used my truck as an example for this blower, so they know it's lega;l next time a poor ba stard has a Procharger, doesn't get hassled like this. I thank you guys for youe help, support, and all.it has been a big help.
Now I am faced with getting a portbale wideband like Parish has, because the dyno place will not do my truck still.
This is the 4th or so day that the owner would be there, and is not. I have a funny feeling now, so whatever.
Any ideas on the different widebands that go on your truck??
Thnaks again guys. Sam