Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Engine mods necessary for 600 bhp

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parish8
spend your time and money on a good fuel system and tuning equipment and learn how to tune it. turn it up in small steps and log every run.

our 3200lb fairmont runs mid to high 10's on 92 octane at 8psi. we have made hundreds of runs with race fuel at 10-14psi and it still runs great. at 8psi it should run forever without puting any parts into the motor. the fairmont is completely nuts on the street at 8psi. rolling down the interstate it lite up the tires from a 60mph roll. not sure how much power you really need if your not going to take it to the track.
yeah it will have a very nice fuel system and I already have everything to tune it plus a few tunes under my belt (mostly NA and a vortech). As far as not taking it to the track... I plan on going to the track with more than a single left going back to the pits So I want the power for the front and back straights at Thunderhill, a good kick in the pants going up turn 1 at Infineon and for screaming into The Andretti at Laguna Seca. Needless to say I will be getting my fair share of track time I just dont plan on doing it 10 seconds at a time. I think what Im gonna do is swap the rod bolts for some ARPs while I have the pan off and call it good with those and the z06 cam and springs. I still am up in the air if I should worry about the trans. I talk to everyone regarding them and they all have drag racing on the mind and dont quite understand what TYPE of abuse Ill be subjecting it to which is full load for extended period of time. Maybe I should talk to some people that deal with towing as thats more along the lines of the type of abuse this trans will endure which would be higher heat and such. Thanks for the input guys