Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 02:18 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics

Hey Procharger guys, I am finally doing my 6.0 swap with stage 1½ heads, cam,forged pistons and procharger D-1SC with 3 core intercooler and a level 5 FLP tranny and Eaton posi!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! 3 weeks!!!

Anyway I am VERY particular about having VERY NEAT wire runs in my truck. I am trying to get wires ready under my hood for the battery,fuse box, alternator,fan controller, starter,ect for Allen to do my install. It doesn't look like I will have too much room to change wires after procharger install.
I just realized by looking at a picture of a procharger, that the battery jumper red box is moved??? Is this right??

Can you all send me as much pictures and ideas on where to relocate the red jumper box!! Or if anyone has prochargers instructions that will tell me where they suggest to put it. I want a CCLLEEAANN install!!!

Allen at FMS is also making a new intake to suck fresh air from factory location. He is then going to get it powder coated. If you would be generous enough to send pics and/or ideas of the altered intake. I wish I had April 03 sport truck mag to see that black truck!! Anyone know where a picture of that thing is?? I looked in Sporttruck.com but can't find it.
Thank you all!!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:01 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

http://home.comcast.net/~jgomes59/01Sierra.html those are pictures of my test fit intake which i tossed out after some testing, everything cleared and i was ready to make a stainless piece out of manderal bent tubing but.....the iats werent low enough to warrant the loss of airflow my advice is find the biggest hugest filter and extended the ATi location slightly to keep it off the headers and more on the engine cover.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:58 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by ChevyCoonass
Hey Procharger guys, I am finally doing my 6.0 swap with stage 1½ heads, cam,forged pistons and procharger D-1SC with 3 core intercooler and a level 5 FLP tranny and Eaton posi!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! 3 weeks!!!

Anyway I am VERY particular about having VERY NEAT wire runs in my truck. I am trying to get wires ready under my hood for the battery,fuse box, alternator,fan controller, starter,ect for Allen to do my install. It doesn't look like I will have too much room to change wires after procharger install.
I just realized by looking at a picture of a procharger, that the battery jumper red box is moved??? Is this right??

Can you all send me as much pictures and ideas on where to relocate the red jumper box!! Or if anyone has prochargers instructions that will tell me where they suggest to put it. I want a CCLLEEAANN install!!!

Allen at FMS is also making a new intake to suck fresh air from factory location. He is then going to get it powder coated. If you would be generous enough to send pics and/or ideas of the altered intake. I wish I had April 03 sport truck mag to see that black truck!! Anyone know where a picture of that thing is?? I looked in Sporttruck.com but can't find it.
Thank you all!!
Unless something about the install has changed, all you do with the red box is take it off of the bracket. It sits down under the charger hidden from view.

I just replaced the prochargers 45 degree elbow on the back of the charger with a 4" 90 degree elbow, to get it up by the hood. You have to remove the FMU to do this though.

Heres a pic of my intake.
Attached Thumbnails Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics-1.jpg  
Old 10-10-2004, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

anyone else?????
Old 10-10-2004, 12:14 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Theres not many procharger owners on here. Maybe only 4 or 5 total that post regularly. I don't think anyone has changed their intake. Blown Alaskan was thinking about retrofitting the vortec chargers intake. Don't really know what came of that.
I also replaced the procharger supplied filter with a bigger one. Heres a pic of them side by side.
Attached Thumbnails Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics-mvc-009f.jpg  
Old 10-10-2004, 12:42 PM
Launching!

I ended up building a pvc intake that took the filter over to the stock location. The vortec piece would have worked, but would have required relocation of the top radiator hose and rearangment of my dutcing. Ambient temps in AK are so low, plus the new griffin, my iat's only move a couple of degrees no matter how hard I drive it! I will post a pic when my truck gets back from the shop.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:44 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

blown alaskan do a log with it on and off i think youl find the shorter the intake the better mine was an insane restriction...also chevycoonas if you really interested on the black truck form sporttruck....i got him to post on here a few times...he wne t by the name 4gonotshow...he has since taken all of his cars off his site i guess hes a dog loving body builder now. www.mashedpedal.com
Old 10-10-2004, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

thanks guys. LM7, what did you do with your red battery box. Does the procharger just take up the whole driver side area all together all the way from the battery to the master cylinder?
Old 10-10-2004, 03:30 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

the blower pretty much only leaves room in front of the blower bracket (between the bracket and fans)...i no longer have the Bypass valve hose on there(big black hose going to the intake) im venting the BPV into the atmosphere making it a blowoff valve. the red box is under the blower tucked under the rubber 45 coming off of the blower.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I have relocated the intake on my ATI P1sc to get the filter back to the stock location with 4" Aluminum pipe and some rubber elbows (it runs along the fire wall, over the back of the engine), the pipe is at the plater getting chromed, I should get it back and installed this week and will get some pics up then (I hope it works, it looked pretty good but now I am nervous after reading the above posts). I also fitted a 3 piece engine cover (denali style). I was venting my bypass valve to atmosphere for a while but am sick of the constant bypass noise when cruising on the highway, the blower also seeps a little oil (normal according to ATI) and that was getting all over everything through the bypass.

lm7 - Did you notice a performance loss with your intake set up? or did you just not think the IAT temp differences were worth the money spent to make the intake? I am mostly hoping to eliminate some of the in cab noise the stock ATI intake creates.

Quick Reply: Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics