Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Everyone with Prochargers please come in for pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Chevymann99. Could you get some pics of the supercharger inlet side?
Old 10-20-2004, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Here is a couple of pics from the test fitting stage. Basically the whole setup from blower to Filter is:

3.75"ID to 4"ID coupler right off the blower (Trimmed to be as short as possible and angled away from the brake master cylinder)

90 elbo (also trimmed to fit)

45 elbo (trimmed also) angled toward the firewall

Another 45 (angled over the back of the engine

Straight tube

90 elbo (angled toward the front of the engine)

some more straight tube

45 elbo angled toward air filter location

another short run of tube

Filter

There are a lot of bends and it's long so I was nervous about flow problems, especially after reading all the above posts. However it seems to be just fine, I am pretty happy with it, just need to clean it up a little more (a nice one piece mandrel bent Pipe would be sweet but I am not spending any more money). I can still access the oil dipstick, tranny dipstick and oil fill just fine, the drivers side of the engine compartment is just friggin' stuffed full now.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:41 PM
On The Tree

Thank You So Much!!!! Nice!!!
Old 04-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Teching In

Default old / new news

A truck being mentioned in this thread was owned and built by me. Here is a link to a slideshow detailing some of the work on it.

http://www.mashedpedal.com/One_Bad_ass_Ride\ride.htm

You can also see the pics and other mods by going to the Silverado page from my home page http://www.mashedpedal.com/

I used to have this truck posted on my website however I sold that vehicle and no longer post any of my vehicles on my site for various reasons. I hope you like the pics in the slideshow and it should be up for viewing for some time to come. The truck was a show winning 2000 Silverado and was custom front to rear, NOS, ATI D1SC, 6.0 motor with SCAT billet 4.00” crank and many custom applications including a truck bed that rocked the show!

Enjoy watching the slideshow

Thanks

Last edited by Draz; 05-20-2006 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Teching In

Just a quick question I 2 have a procharger on my 2002 escalade. If you duct the piping to the stock location over the engine, Wont all of the built up heat made by the engine heat up that long metal tube and cause for increased air temp? Just a thought let me know if anyone is seeing any gains from rerouting the intake. As far as I know the intake charge for the prochargers arent that hot anyways... And what are the advantage of the D1sc over the P1sc?
Old 04-18-2005, 11:41 PM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

i didnt gain but lost airflow wiht my intake relocation... big long bends like that on the intake side are REALLY restrictive
Old 04-19-2005, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Just a quick question I 2 have a procharger on my 2002 escalade. If you duct the piping to the stock location over the engine, Wont all of the built up heat made by the engine heat up that long metal tube and cause for increased air temp? Just a thought let me know if anyone is seeing any gains from rerouting the intake.
I have had my intake relocated as my above pictures show for about 6 months now and love it. I noticed no SOTP difference (gain or loss) in performance and I think the intercooler will take care of any heat picked up in the tube, as a matter of fact just the compression of the air probably creates more heat, not to mention the "stock" ATI location is picking up air right above the drivers exhaust header!! For me gettin rid of all the in cab noise from the bypass was well worth it, it actually made me enjoy driving the truck again, 2500+ RPM on the highway with the constant air bypass noise was driving me nuts.

Old 04-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Staging Lane

What you cant see in the photo is the hood. The hood is a carbon fiber with 2 vents cutout in it, with some grill mesh inserts. I belive this helps out the intake charge a bunch. Could be wrong?
Old 04-19-2005, 06:29 PM
Teching In

Ok first off I am not real savvy with these forums so I apologize for bringing up an old post instead of starting a new one. I had two user names back in the day because I lost my log in info and changed email so I couldn’t get my info mailed to me. I was the original owner of the truck and started tearing it down a week after getting it, I am not sure who owns it now. Some of you are saying I am “grave digging” this thread to get some glory from what I accomplished with my truck I now do not own. Nothing could be further from the truth I don’t even show any of my vehicles on my site anymore. I had just received emails from some folks who went to my site asking where the heck the pics on my site went, so I thought I could offer up a way to see it using this method. Didn’t mean to offend anyone or come across like a guy who has only busted his nut once in his life and wants to brag about it the rest of his life. I have done many vehicles most of them to the caliber of the truck you see in the slideshow I was just trying to offer a venue in which those who wanted could still see it.

I appeared like an *** my apologies just trying to help

You can also see the pics and other mods by going to the Silverado page from my home page http://www.mashedpedal.com/

Last edited by Draz; 05-20-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 04-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Talking Procharger Dealer

I just became a Procharger dealer...if anybody needs parts or anything please give me a call 804-243-5050

Chris-Tri-City Truck Accessories