Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Exhaust idea, warning: poorly drawn

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust idea, warning: poorly drawn

The first thing i do to my truck will most likely be exhaust, but i'm a little tired of the stock 1 tip, the duck footed 2 exit, and i want it a little more noticable than a dump.

I really like the look the Gibson Supertruck exhaust has, so i came up with this.

I want to use chrome Z28 tips because the clearance is great for a mount like that, but my question is, will this setup drone like crazy given where the tips are in relation to the cab? Should i try to do duals all the way out the back, or just stick with a muffler dump and/or a turndown?

Thanks for your opinions!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont know how the drone will be, but I doubt you'll find a shop that can do it with out moving your gas tank. It resides right behind the driverside of the cab and runs just about to the back tire.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by white1
I dont know how the drone will be, but I doubt you'll find a shop that can do it with out moving your gas tank. It resides right behind the driverside of the cab and runs just about to the back tire.
I was thinkin the same thing.

I would run it out the back if I were you I like the Z28 tips.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

exhuast + gas tank = no
Old 11-22-2005, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could run duals out the back but right next to each other not split up on each side of the hitch. Its different, i saw a truck setup like that with rolled edge tips and it didn't look to bad
Old 11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i haven't been under there yet or much less seen the underside of a silverado yet, so thanks for the heads up!

Before that idea i was thinking of this:

A setup like the supertruck, but with a better 3" in 2.5" out muffler.
Only problem i have with this is that beyond 1 chamber bullets, i don't know much about mufflers. I was thinking something like a Hooker Maximum flow, which is somewhat straight-through. I want the sound to be loud and mean, but to not drive me crazy at cruising speeds.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:47 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a guy over at SilveradoSS.com named Autoguy who has a set-up similar to your second drawing...it's the SS duals into dual round Magnaflows, dumping out the pass side with the Gibson supertruck style tips...it looks pretty cool.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by budhayes3
There's a guy over at SilveradoSS.com named Autoguy who has a set-up similar to your second drawing...it's the SS duals into dual round Magnaflows, dumping out the pass side with the Gibson supertruck style tips...it looks pretty cool.
That's cool thanks i'll try to look him up.

Do you guys think that with a side exit the z28 tips won't look as good as the taller gibson rectangles?
Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I think the round staggered look would look better. That is, coming out like your 2nd drawing, but angle them down just a little and also angle them coming out more towards the rear tire. That will take out some of that 90* bend coming out of the muffler.

Jim
Old 11-22-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of drone I had a dump right after the cab with a blowmaster 40 and no cats it was too much I lost hearing from it.

Quick Reply: Exhaust idea, warning: poorly drawn