Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Exhaust Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Manifolds

Hey i am doing a LS1 swap into my 2002 silverado. I would like to dump the rusted cast iron heads i have with the truck. I need some suggestions on where to get some good exhaust Manifolds.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 01:32 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you looking for new exhaust manifolds or headers? If you want to keep manifolds just have yours sand/media blasted and coated...Or If you want direct fit get some shorty headers...Of course a good long tube header will net you more hp......
Old 10-01-2010, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Understand, I think that i am looking for a set of shorty headers that would match up with the rest of my existing exhaust system. I am looking for something that would have a little better flow compared to the cast iron.
Could you recommend a manufacture?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Praise The Lowered

BBK part #4005 ...BBK are the only company I know of who use 1 3/4" primarys on there direct fit shorty headers...all the rest are 1 5/8"...If you are wanting to keep your cats in the stock location and stil want performance then I would recomend Bassanni's mid length headers....Good Luck
Old 10-05-2010, 05:31 AM
Teching In

RibeiroBJJ, thanks for the info.
Does anyone else out there have a suggestions for bolt on headers for an 02 silverado 1500 or know anything about Bassanni's headers?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Why not go with longtubes? You can get the speed daddy headers off ebay with the y pipe less than 300 shipped and it bolts on easily.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I agree the ebay headers are a direct bolt on also, plus i think you will be alot happier with them.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Long headers? Would they require me to remove the Cats? Would I also have to weld O2 ports in? This is not a big deal just curious the level of work it would take?
Old 10-05-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Upgrade
Long headers? Would they require me to remove the Cats? Would I also have to weld O2 ports in? This is not a big deal just curious the level of work it would take?
no welding required. You unbolt your factory catted y pipe and manifolds and then bolt on the headers and y pipe that comes with the headers and it bolts back to the original exhaust. It already has bungs for O2s. Us its all tig welded and stainless steel. Can't go wrong for the money.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Praise The Lowered

Originally Posted by LS1Upgrade
Originally Posted by dirt track racer 81
no welding required. Can't go wrong for the money.
If you want to retain your factory Cats then YES cutting/welding..of your old cats to new ory pipe...but not too difficult with a liitle fab/welding skils. If you do not want cats then NO..

-But I do agree they are a great bang for the buck, and welding oe cats to ory might not be a bad idea,as they are far superior to aftermarket cats and are already "high flow"

Quick Reply: Exhaust Manifolds