Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Exhaust system whores in here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Didn't evilGMC have a really nice quiet setup behind his 370/1900 setup?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Yeah, I plan to either dump them tucked up behind the bumper, or at each corner so they're barely visible.... Yes Corey, I like how your system exits so I'm going to copy it hell, I'll even let you build it for me just cause I'm a nice guy
Lol. If you were closer and my wife was out if town no problem, just buy me lunch at fuzzy tacos. My wife said no more working on other peoples rides cause i am working so much these days.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

**** I'd pay ya to do it I'm considering getting a 'weld your own' dual exhaust kit from summit with nice mandrel bends. My wire machine is screwed, feed motor is burnt up. I'll have to borrow one to do it.... A band saw and a buffer to clean the ends before welding shouldn't be hard to come up with.

Don't you need some gears put in?? Lol
Old 09-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 204 Likes on 139 Posts

I'm sure the turbo eats up some of the noise, but I have a 30" magnaflow and it sounds extremely tame. 75mph cruising on the highway is mouse quiet.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ben there is a good exhaust guy in Vidor (Powell's) but he does not do mandrel of course. Maybe have him weld a kit? Prob cheaper than towing a truck to DFW lol.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

I'd drive it open headers... Who said anything about towing it

I know several guys that use him and David has an exhaust guy in PA too so I do have options I guess. I'll probably cut/fit/tack the system myself and then take it somewhere to be welded out. Itll save me some cash most likely plus I dont have anyone to blame if it turns out like **** lol. I wish I could run it down each side but I'm more worried about getting the powerplant in it and making it run before I put a fuel cell in it. I'll just cross over behind the trans and run them down the right side. The spare is no longer there and the truck's never had a hitch on it so it shouldn't be bad to route and do something with in the back. I could always put some 5" slash cut megaphones on it and fit right in around here
Old 09-04-2011, 01:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hellz yeah.

I am not sure who David uses. Maybe Jacks?

I have heard of Powell make everything from long tubes to down and crossover pipes. He is not worried about cats either. Just a suggestion.

Oh and have fun driving that thing with open headers lol. I couldn't do it.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:21 PM
traveling mod

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get him GMCtrk he was hell bent on making his quite awhile back
Old 09-04-2011, 07:53 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

He wasn't being practical about his though.... Your not going to make a Cammed 6L sound stock with stock volume, drive stock etc... I understand that there's going to be a certain amount of 'noise' if you will, it will be louder than stock because it's not stock. I'm just trying to keep it as reasonable as I can without sacrificing flow.

The name of the game is still flow here... Thats going to require a certain amount of sound. I'm good with that.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I like the stock muffler with headers and no cats. No drone and personally, I don't think it's a huge restriction. I dyno'd with the stock muffler and then through a cutout, and the cutout was only 2 or 3 hp higher IIRC. One of the 3.5" 6.2L mufflers is probably a good option here IMO.

Quick Reply: Exhaust system whores in here...