Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

EXHAUST whos happy whos not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Fireman31
Dynatech LT's w/cats, GMPP cat-back w/22" Magnaflow muffler, some mild drone at 2k but not too crazy. Nice tame rumble at idle, nice and loud at WOT. I have been told by a few people that my truck sounds more like a Camaro then a truck.
I have that same muffler. I really don't know what you mean when you say loud. Different tastes I guess. I'd pay someone to take it off my truck and put the stocker back in it's place
Old 01-31-2009, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
I have that same muffler. I really don't know what you mean when you say loud.
Setting off car alarms in cars parked on the street when scooting by.
Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread would really benefit from some exhaust clips too

I really like mine, dynatech lts w/cats and single 18 in dynomax bullet dumped before the axle. The only change I'd make would be to try out one of these instead of the bullet

Old 01-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Staging Lane

im running passetter longtubes with 3in duals with an x pipe i loved it until i did the flip kit on the rear and had to cut the exhaust of behind the mufflers because there isnt enough room between the bed and the rearend its going to get turned out in front of the passenger rear tire has anyone ran duals out in front of the rear tire if so do you mind posting some pics please and thanks
Old 01-31-2009, 02:57 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine sounds OK, I have StainlessWorks LT's and catted y-pipe going into a Gibson single in dual out cat back that is dumped before the axle. It's fairly loud, and you can really hear it when you mash it. On the highway you hear the exhaust at cruise (1500-2000 rpm), but it doesn't bother me. For the future, I have a Magnaflow x-pipe and 2 14" long 4" round Magnaflow mufflers that I plan to dump before the axle...this will all happen some time after my LQ9 swap, which will hopefully happen some time before my 2 year old leaves for college lol. That set up should be pretty loud, especially if I gut the cats
Old 01-31-2009, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by dirtychevy99
im running passetter longtubes with 3in duals with an x pipe i loved it until i did the flip kit on the rear and had to cut the exhaust of behind the mufflers because there isnt enough room between the bed and the rearend its going to get turned out in front of the passenger rear tire has anyone ran duals out in front of the rear tire if so do you mind posting some pics please and thanks
I've got duals (magnaflow 22" dual 3"in/dual 3"out) coming out before the tire on the passenger side, i like it a lot, no real noticable drone or anything. only problem i have is my roommate took it to an exhaust shop to get it welded on while i was gone and they used 2.5" coming out of the muffler. retards, tried tellin me all kinds of bullshit on why, they just didn't have any 3" stock.
Old 01-31-2009, 04:22 PM
TECH Regular

pacestter long tubes/ory with one high flow cat installed where the y comes together..all leading to corsa sport...love it
Old 01-31-2009, 04:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
You were using a magnaflow muffler though?
Only reason I had a magnaflow in front of the Corsa was that I had a Sport with no cats, the Magnaflow just took the place of the cats.

Now, on this truck I've got an Aero STX640... Sounds exactly like a Magnaflow, some love it, I hate it... I've got a Corsa waiting to be installed when my Longtubes arrive
Old 01-31-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Pacesetter LT's with an ORY into a single 3" Classic Chambered Powerstick coming out the side into a dual tip. Its loud as all Hell but I love it; the exhaust note is so sweet.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIRCHZ71
pacestter long tubes/ory with one high flow cat installed where the y comes together..all leading to corsa sport...love it
Got any clips of this setup?

Quick Reply: EXHAUST whos happy whos not?