Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

extremely disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LS1 Wires will be fine, at least I am pretty sure of that. Your motor is on LS1 architecture, so its effectively the same thing dimensions wise. Also, Pacesetter has recently started including DEI Heat Sleeve with their LTs. I believe the purpose is for this exact issue. Did you get any with yours?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by soon2befast04
I am so disappointed in my new exaust set up!!! i just replaced a dumped 50 series flowmaster w/ gutted cats and alot of leaks(previous owner) with my new set up consisting of pacesetter longtubes, magnaflow spun cats, magnaflow x pipe, and dual borla xr1's 16" cases dumped all i can say is it sounds like absolute crap!!!! was way happier w/ original setup. Do these get louder overtime? would the 14" case sound better? Please help with yalls opinions please what would make it sound better?
I pretty much have the same setup as yours except im cat-less and i have the 12" case borlas. i had mine dumped at first and was kind of unhappy at first until i ran some gibson square tips out the side before the rear tire. It made a hell of a difference, changed the tone and sounds way more deeper/aggressive. Oh, and yes my xr-1's started out quite but got louder over time. They are extemely loud when i mash on it now, so loud that my buddy here in town could hear me over a mile away in town when i was playing with a Duramax the other day. Just be patient, the tone will change and they will grow on you.
Old 06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Staging Lane

well it came with some sleeving but i didn't even think that thats what it could be for? im pretty sure it isn't big enough to go over the end of the spark plug wire, but i will def. check again when i get home thanks!!

thats good to hear about the sound getting better!!

boosted blue do you have any pictures of your exhaust tips i just cut out my roll pan, and im planning on putting the factory bumper back on when i find one and i was thinking about routing my exhaust out before the rear tire too but wasn't sure if it would look right with the bumper. I like it with roll pans, but wasn't sure?

thanks yall!!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Staging Lane

my bad after looking at your picture again i noticed you have a roll pan
Old 06-21-2009, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Here is my avatar pic a little closer up so u can see the tips. i use to have a bumper on the back w/ tips out the side before i installed the roll pan. I think it looked good because both were chrome....i cant find a pic of it but i thought it looked good
Old 06-21-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Truckshop
...my exhaust is twice as loud with a cammed 6.0 vs a stock 5.3. you'd be suprised how much just a cam swap would affect it. its all about airflow.
Now I'm wondering if I should ever do a cam on my 5.3. My exhaust is perfect, to me. Perhaps I'll find out. Plus, I'd do cam swap for power & if it's louder, I'll deal w/. it.

Originally Posted by budhayes3
You may or may not be hearing an exhaust leak...as mentioned, headers will have a different sound since they are thin walled mild steel, and some valvetrain noise will find it's way through, which may sound like an exhaust leak. Have a helper hold some rags over the tailpipe(s) to see if the noise increases...if it does you have an exhaust leak and you can now pinpoint it.
Ya, I originally thought I had a lifter ticking &/ or header leak after I installed LTs. A guy told me u have S/S headers, & valvetrain sounds are being transmitted thru the stainless. Said it's not a lifter ticking. Whew! If a lifter was bad, then I would've had to tear into 5.3 & do a cam. While in there, maybe some headwork...

Originally Posted by boosted_blue

Here is my avatar pic a little closer up so u can see the tips. ...i cant find a pic of it but i thought it looked good
Boosted, looks good! And I like it w/ pan molded in!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Question

well after 350 miles the tone hasn't changed or go louder! , but after and hour of highway driving idle to 2200 rpm's its louder but the higher the rpms it seems to get quieter what gives!!! lol.

Im curious to the guys running the spun cat converters from magnaflow.
ive only had mine on for less than 2 days now and they are already dark brown? did this happen to yall?

Also if i gutted my new cats do you think it will be quieter than my previous set up with all the extra piping x pipe and dual mufflers i have now?
Old 06-21-2009, 09:50 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you located?
Old 06-21-2009, 10:00 PM
Staging Lane

amarillo,tx
Old 06-23-2009, 08:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by soon2befast04
amarillo,tx
How strict are they up there on emissions when you go get an inspection, i say take em off if they arent strict about it? Im catless for 2 yrs but i guess it just depends on who u know and whos inspecting it.