Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

F.A.S.T. 102mm truck intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me,

Baseline = stock
Modified = CNC heads and cam (as the asterisk notes)

I was thinking about this too, but if they are noting CNC heads and cam. I would guess the baseline/stock engine was running stock heads and camshaft or wouldn't designate heads and cam as specifics.

Now what cam and heads, I have no idea. I'm willing to bet it was a Comp cam.

As far as modifying these intakes I would have to assume they are testing an out of the box intake. I have no reason to believe otherwise, Their LSX intake have always done well, and personally loved mine.

Ive asked on other forums too without a solid response yet if these have the big step at the end of the runner like the LSX (78mm/90mm/92mm) had. I think that's where people were porting those and gaining power.

I'm also excited about removable runners! This begs for running longer (torque) runner on the street, something like the graph show, little to no torque loss and fairly decent gains, and changing to a short runner(High RPM HP) at the track where Im willing to give up some low end torque to get a much larger gain while in high RPM. I used to dream of an easy way to swap from single plane to dual plane on my old trucks, and now that may be a possibility. Im in negotiations with my wife to release funds!!!

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 09-30-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh yes, I didn't notice the asterisk....
Old 10-01-2009, 05:30 AM
Teching In

Default Pro flo xt #s

I had Quality Motorsports in Dallas Tex. install a new Pro Flo XT #7140 last week on my heads,cam,headers,SSR 6.0 liter truck.The dyno #'s before were404hp--394tq / after #'s 442hp--400tq !This new intake pulled strong right to 6800rpm red line with no drop off around 5500ish in hp like stock truck intake.The torque curve was same to around 4500rpm & then better the rest of the rpm range! IN SHORT THIS NEW EDELBROCK INTAKE KICKS *** IN MY HEAD CAM TRUCK !!!///--Check out trailblazer ss forums---

Last edited by ACE100; 10-01-2009 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ACE100
I had Quality Motorsports in Dallas Tex. install a new Pro Flo XT #7140 last week on my heads,cam,headers,SSR 6.0 liter truck.The dyno #'s before were404hp--394tq / after #'s 442hp--400tq !This new intake pulled strong right to 6800rpm red line with no drop off around 5500ish in hp like stock truck intake.The torque curve was same to around 4500rpm & then better the rest of the rpm range! IN SHORT THIS NEW EDELBROCK INTAKE KICKS *** IN MY HEAD CAM TRUCK !!!///--Check out trailblazer ss forums---
wow thats a crazy gain!! do you have the dyno sheet? hows it feel now?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:36 AM
TVI
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dlt76028
they're closed. who else ports intakes?
He's closed for "divorce" reasons. That's why he leaves his phone# up still.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

bottom line is its very spendy but for what you get i think its worth it, not just the power gains but the pop the hood wow factor imo is worth it by its self...
but what i wanna know is if it will really help on blown apps.?? any of you smart guys could help answer that question for me ?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
but what i wanna know is if it will really help on blown apps.?? any of you smart guys could help answer that question for me ?
An engine is just a big air pump, Move more air in the engine and more air out = more power, right?

The thing most boosted guys don't realize boost is a measure of restriction, not airflow. So with a better intake you'll be flowing more air no doubt, because it makes more power. When you add anything that flows better, like heads, cam,intake, exhaust, etc. You reduce a restriction point, which makes more power with less boost, which is also easier on parts.

Does it make sense that something that flows more air could make you have less boost, but make way more power? (Think airflow) Then you can crank the boost back to where it was and it will make even more power again.

I don't have experience with this intake, but I do understand how engines work and some typical misconceptions. Ive also read that the other LSXR intakes are good to 67psi or something like that.

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 10-01-2009 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:15 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

That's an awesome gain for an intake, it compliments your combo well! Could you post the dyno sheet by any chance? I'm curious to see what kind of numbers you got down low
Old 10-02-2009, 07:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I doubt very much that the bottom end torque stayed the same, go drive the truck and see. The pro flo killed soo much bottom on my truck that I was almost a second slower in the 1/8th. It does pull like a freight train up top but these trucks are heavy and it takes torque to get them movin. Unless your running the Silver state challenge or have a very loose converter with some low gears and want to trade off driveability it's not workin.
I'm back to the stock intake for now and will wait and see on the new FAST in real world conditions , the manufactures will tell you "it does it all" to get you to buy............
Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Banned Scammer

if you guys are looking for intakes look at vengence racing's. they are all made buy FAST and ported by vengence. and you can buy combos with the TB and intake also. heres the link: https://www.vengeancerd.com/ecart/ca...Intake/Intakes

Quick Reply: F.A.S.T. 102mm truck intake manifold