Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

FAST LSX on Truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet! This is what I like to see when I click on a post like this. No monotonous questions of, 'can it fit', but rather pictures of it done!!! Awesome work Chuck The nitrous setup isn't bad either
Old 06-02-2004, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scream
Wow! How's the coolant line clearance coming off of the waterpump? Any plans of a kit to convert to the LSX/1/6 intake? Like a modded bracket and belt, etc?
If we do another one, we might make a kit, but for now we'd have to have the truck here to do it. No issues with coolant line clearance that I am aware of. Possibly my tech already took care of it if there was one..

Originally Posted by BigTex
Looking good Chuck. Has the second bottle come in yet? Let me or John know before you plumb up the second stage. The UPD intake tube that we have installed on there cracks very easily, and several truck guys have ruined the tube when installing the nozzle. It may be better to do a custom tube rather than break the plastic one.

Richard

BTW - that bracket does look much better than the other one.

We have the second bottle, but we're still waiting on the billet dual bottle bracket.. So we haven't run the lines yet. We've got almost everything else we need, but still waiting on a few minor things that are holding the process up... IE. We still have not received the switches that I ordered almost 2 weeks ago. They were on back order, but supposedly shipped out late last week. So hopefully those will get in soon...

I'm sure we could install the nozzle in this tube without breaking it, but if you have something you'd rather do just let me know...

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 06-02-2004, 10:01 AM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good. You know what I just noticed? The bracket that Sean made had the belt routing over the top of the waterpump which really created a tight fit. This solution appears to have better belt routing.

Go ahead and nozzle up the plastic intake tube. If it cracks, we'll do something different. If it works, we are that much closer to being finished.
Old 06-02-2004, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds good. You know what I just noticed? The bracket that Sean made had the belt routing over the top of the waterpump which really created a tight fit. This solution appears to have better belt routing.

Go ahead and nozzle up the plastic intake tube. If it cracks, we'll do something different. If it works, we are that much closer to being finished.
Sounds like a plan!

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Later,
Chuck
Old 06-02-2004, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

The UPD intake tube that we have installed on there cracks very easily, and several truck guys have ruined the tube when installing the nozzle.
Mine cracked on it's own... twice.

I got mad while removing it the last time, and I ripped it in two. The thing is entirely too fragile.
Old 06-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Formerly one92rs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

thats an ls1 water pump correct. does any year water pump from an ls1 work on a 02 5.3.????
Old 06-06-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Saw that truck when i was up there during the Grand opening both days...thats a helluva beautiful truck i would love to hear it start up and just see the beast run. Awesome Work Chuck
Old 06-06-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the clear-smoked UPD intake, and tapped the NX shark nozzle right there on the lip of the TB. That **** spider cracked like crazy. UPD has shitty quality. Looks cool, performs well, but the quality blows ***.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02denali
thats an ls1 water pump correct. does any year water pump from an ls1 work on a 02 5.3.????
It should... Not positive about the accessory drives all working the same, but the pump will physically bolt onto the motor.

Chuck
Old 06-06-2004, 02:35 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chuck - Can you get a better picture of how far the belt rides out on the LS1 water pump pulley. It was a concern that since the LS1 accessories sit back closer to the block than the trucks that the truck belt would be pretty far out on the LS1 pump pulley.

Thanks

John

Quick Reply: FAST LSX on Truck