Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fast lsxrt drivability problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Fastest D1 Procharged Truck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i really dont wanna pull the intake off and have to put the stocker back on cause it definitely makes more power with the LSXRT no dought but the drivability isnt there.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you still have your stock intake to see if the idle problem goes away. As you know, it doesn't take long to swap intakes. Just a thought. But I would definitly either buy HP tuners or find someone who can log your truck sometime. HP tuners was the best purchase I've made so far!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Praise The Lowered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by twolow02fransen
i really dont wanna pull the intake off and have to put the stocker back on cause it definitely makes more power with the LSXRT no dought but the drivability isnt there.
If you want I have a 99-02 dbc BOLT on TBSS intake complete I could trade you plus cash on my end (Rails/regulator/90mm t-body)
Old 09-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by oakley6575
Do you still have your stock intake to see if the idle problem goes away. As you know, it doesn't take long to swap intakes. Just a thought. But I would definitly either buy HP tuners or find someone who can log your truck sometime. HP tuners was the best purchase I've made so far!
Vortec350SS has HPTUNERS im goin to meet up with him and do some logs but im thinking i might buy either EFILIVE or HPTUNERS
Originally Posted by RibeiroBJJ
If you want I have a 99-02 dbc BOLT on TBSS intake complete I could trade you plus cash on my end (Rails/regulator/90mm t-body)
im going to try my best to get this intake to work im still thinking the tune is off but im interested in doing a swap for your intake
Old 09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
TOTM: June 2007

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ooooo hi there. Sorry to hear about your fast garbage

Mine is "fixed" sitting in the box. Im such a non believer in the FAST products i will probably never put it on. My buddy got one for his 234/239 111lsa cts-v. Driveabilit is **** after two seperate tuners. They make great efficent power at WOT but driveabilit is hit or miss

I would try another tuner, amd hope for the best
Old 09-03-2012, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by bgray
Ooooo hi there. Sorry to hear about your fast garbage

Mine is "fixed" sitting in the box. Im such a non believer in the FAST products i will probably never put it on. My buddy got one for his 234/239 111lsa cts-v. Driveabilit is **** after two seperate tuners. They make great efficent power at WOT but driveabilit is hit or miss

I would try another tuner, amd hope for the best

so if its a CTS-V it must be the car style LSXR i thought FAST was best money could buy more like

heres a vid of what my truck is doing runs like complete ***
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

makes me want to put my stoker back together. I'm going to talk with the tuner and see what he says. Did you rtv all the sealed areas?
Old 09-03-2012, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Log the idle trims and see what they say
Old 09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mines idles way better then yours mine doesnt die or anything it wants to try to die once in a while if u blip the throttle but thats it. im sry your having so much of a problem with this intake.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by N/ALS1
makes me want to put my stoker back together. I'm going to talk with the tuner and see what he says. Did you rtv all the sealed areas?
nah ended up not needing to the new gaskets stick out farther then the old ones did
Originally Posted by oakley6575
Log the idle trims and see what they say
i just need to get with a member on here that has HPtuners so we can log it and see WTH the deal is

Originally Posted by ltr450ryder
mines idles way better then yours mine doesnt die or anything it wants to try to die once in a while if u blip the throttle but thats it. im sry your having so much of a problem with this intake.
i pulled the intake tonight for the third time im goin to put the stocker back on and see whats happens

Quick Reply: Fast lsxrt drivability problems