Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

FAST LSXRT Intake Dyno results on 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 10:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice TQ gains too. I will deff look at this intake for my 375ci build in a few years. does it have direct port nitrous provisions?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by zo6pilot
I "get it" But most people would have at least a tune and exhaust.I'm lucky I have a 2008 with a gmpp intake,LT's ory magnaflow and crap programmer and it hits the 155 limit after awhile. Next G I spend will be a Verter and or N20.
Please
Old 06-12-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dlt76028
Please
I have mine set just under mach 1 so it it doesnt exploded once i break the sound barrier.. Id still rather see this intake bolted on after a cam, headers, and tune. and with a 78 tb to see if theres that big of a difference for $1000 intake or if alot of the gain comes from the 90-102 tb..
Old 06-13-2010, 06:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fastrt
does it have direct port nitrous provisions?
Yes. You can see them in this pic. Everyone keeps saying $1G, Ive seen them many times on other forums for $850.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:50 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this intake require that you use aftermarket fuel rails, or can the stockers be used, an if so, can the truck crossover pipe be used, or does it need to be tweaked or replaced?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:00 AM
traveling mod

Nice gains...Like everybody else said,id like to see the tuned #'s

Originally Posted by Brian@SpectacleSolutions
Guys,

Im getting lots of PMs. Ask questions in the thread so everyone can understand and learn!!!

This swap was almost a direct bolt on. The only modification that had to be done was to the OEM fuel rails. The original small mounting tabs had to be removed and use FAST's fuel rail modification kit it took about 5 minutes to modify the OEM fuel rail.

This intake is made to work with trucks from 1999-2010 so everyones truck may require different parts. FAST has made a cool webpage so you get the correct parts for your truck. Please goto www.fuelairspark.com/selector to see the parts you will need.

We used two part numbers for this swap;

146602 FAST Intake
146031-KIT Fuel rail modification kit (which was $25-27 IIRC)
Originally Posted by budhayes3
Does this intake require that you use aftermarket fuel rails, or can the stockers be used, an if so, can the truck crossover pipe be used, or does it need to be tweaked or replaced?

Geez...
Old 06-13-2010, 11:11 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew383
Geez...
Uhhh, yea, I saw that, just wanted to see who else was paying attention LOL
Old 06-13-2010, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

A couple of questions here (that I'm pretty sure I know the answers to by looking at the pics).

Where does the stock wiring harness bolt down to?

Where does the Evap hose hook up to?

How does the stock engine cover mount up?

Where or how can you enlarge the stock DBW throttle body to 102mm?

I bring all these questions up because this intake doesn't seem like such a bolton deal afterall. Sure it works but it's not a clean install. Quite honestly I think it looks like **** with wires hanging all over and nothing to hide them up or secure them down. That's just my opinion though. If I'm going to go through the hassle of an aftermarket FAST intake, I'd much rather go with the car intake instead. If I'm going to look ugly, I'd at least want the most performance out of the intake as possible. If anyone wants to argue about torque, this dyno pull should have been from 2K RPM +
Old 06-13-2010, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by budhayes3
We used the stock fuel rails with the FAST 146031-KIT fuel rail modification kit. All that was needed was to remove the OEM mounting tabs and use FAST new mounting brackets. FAST also has billet fuel rail kit avaliable(146028-kit) but you will need to have custom -6AN fuel lines to connect.

The crossover on this truck worked just fine and didnt require any modifications on this truck.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by hirdlej
A couple of questions here (that I'm pretty sure I know the answers to by looking at the pics).

Where does the stock wiring harness bolt down to?

Where does the Evap hose hook up to?

How does the stock engine cover mount up?

Where or how can you enlarge the stock DBW throttle body to 102mm?
1) It doesnt, its allows you to place it where it looks the best. The pictures taken were not a final install, but just before dyno runs were made.

2) The evap hooks up exactly as it does from the factory. Its not in the pictures but FAST includes the correct nipple for the evap to connect to, just like the factory behind the throttle body.

3) There are no provisions for the engine cover, I wouldnt want to cover up my sweet new intake?!?!

4) There are at least two aftermarket compaines that sell 102mm DBW throttle bodies.

Originally Posted by hirdlej
if anyone wants to argue about torque, this dyno pull should have been from 2K RPM +
We would have, but with no tuning software you have no control over the transmission. FASTs dyno graphs basically mimic my results, but they pulled on an engine dyno down to 2500RPM. They are basically even to 4000 RPM before the intake pulls away. Look at the similarities....

Last edited by Brian@SpectacleSolutions; 06-13-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: FAST LSXRT Intake Dyno results on 5.3L