Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

FAST or Victor jr LS1 intake ..

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mjhoward
The way I see it is 8altng wasn't worried about low end tq when he dicided to keep the little 4.8 and go with a turbo. He might as well put a big cam in it an a huge intake. It's not his DD anyhow I don't think.
Im probibly going to stay with my same cam that I have now. It should work fine. And it is a DD. Well when there is no snow on the ground or its not raining out.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:05 PM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Here we go. I figured that everyone would assume that I was talking about the at the track. And why the crack comment???? Are you trying to put your mom out of business???????
You said that if you lost too much low end torque, that you would spray it. My point is that trying to make up for a loss of lowend torque for street driving wont work because you dont leave every stoplight at WOT.

For N2O to bring back low rpm torque would require WOT to be used, and that doenst happen on the street.

A slight loss of low rpm torque isnt going to matter at all at the strip because the engine never see's low rpm at all, esp. when a high stall TC is in the mix. Low rpm is more apt to be encountered when daily driving when pulling away from a stoplight at part throttle.

i wasnt thinking you were referring to the track at all.

You can say whatever about me, but please dont speak of my Mother.

Hog
Old 01-24-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Hog~ Ok. I see what you are saying. But here is what I am getting at. The truck is alot to handle on the street. This that much power on tap, its easy to get sideways b4 you know it. I think that if I loose any lower end power it will be ok. The turbo spools quick anyways. There is no real lag now. I think that it will still be fun on the street and this is a easy, cost efficent way to make more power, run bigger rail and injectors and it is also going to look a hell of alot better than my engine compartment looks now with the stupid black intake.
And I an sorry about the mother comment. I felt like it was needed at the moment. But now I see that you were just genuinly confused at what I was saying. I hope this clears things up
Old 01-25-2006, 12:11 AM
hog
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 8ALTNG
Hog~ Ok. I see what you are saying. But here is what I am getting at. The truck is alot to handle on the street. This that much power on tap, its easy to get sideways b4 you know it. I think that if I loose any lower end power it will be ok. The turbo spools quick anyways. There is no real lag now. I think that it will still be fun on the street and this is a easy, cost efficent way to make more power, run bigger rail and injectors and it is also going to look a hell of alot better than my engine compartment looks now with the stupid black intake.
And I an sorry about the mother comment. I felt like it was needed at the moment. But now I see that you were just genuinly confused at what I was saying. I hope this clears things up

OK man, thats cool that we understand 1 another. Everything is cool man, good luck with the my friend.
peace
hog
Old 01-25-2006, 08:43 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

8ALTING --

This is what you are doing?

Summit

What else is required? $318 for 3500-7500 and capable of 600 NA hp sounds too good to be true... It says you need aftermarket rails -- probably the edelbrock variety

Last edited by TurboBerserker; 01-25-2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
8ALTING --

This is what you are doing?

Summit

What else is required? $318 for 3500-7500 and capable of 600 NA hp sounds too good to be true... It says you need aftermarket rails -- probably the edelbrock variety
Yup that is it You can order it with the injector bungs already on it. I think that you can get it with rails on it too, but if not I am just going run a rail that is alittle bigger than the stock ones.
Don Kinder (slowhawk) is the one that has and is building up my setup so he is the one that will be taking care of getting rails. We should be starting this in about 2 or 3 weeks. As soon as everything is in I will post more about the setup and post some pics.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:00 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Good deal.

I'm interested in seeing how you get it all together. BTW are you DBW or cable?
Old 01-25-2006, 01:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

That's the one.We are getting it with there fuel rails and adding car style 60lb injector's/rewiring the injector plugs. It will have a sheetmetal 90' and a 90mm TB. For a Turbo vehicle lowend won't be affected. On a NA vehicle I wouldn't run this unless it has big CI.
On high boost vehicles #7 and #8 cylinders alway's run leaner than the rest.This is due to the air being forced to the back of the intake.Not really a problem till you push high boost though.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I might be trying out one of these intakes too.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya what Don said

Quick Reply: FAST or Victor jr LS1 intake ..