Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!

Fed Ex delivered it today, not yesterday like their website stated. They must pad their on time delivery numbers or something, why else would they do it? My wife said she open the front door to go out about 10 AM and they it was, no door bell ring or anything. I asked her to call me at work if it came but she thought it would be funny to let me stew about it at work then surprise me when I got home. It was a nice surprise but I wasn't real happy with her sense of humor. Anyway! I must say, it's a pretty well built intake, the airbox is heavy and the intake tube seems thick also. Installation went fine, took about an hour. Hooked up my ram-air to it using a 3" flex duct this time so it would fit through the lower opening of the Volant airbox. Here's a few pics. Should I disconnect the negative side of the battery for the ECM to learn the new airflow or should I just let it do it slowly? I didn't disconnect the battery when my exhaust was put on and it took about a week for it to adjust but once it did, the truck really moves better now.
Jim
Attached Thumbnails Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!-air-duct-into-airbox.jpg   Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!-scoop-under-bumper.jpg   Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!-scoop-front.jpg   Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!-install-complete.jpg  
Old 01-24-2004, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

looks great! but what happens in the rain? wont water get rammed into it?
Old 01-24-2004, 07:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Looks nice! Glad those jackasses finally got it to ya!

What's the next mod? You need long tube headers!
Old 01-24-2004, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff_03Z71
looks great! but what happens in the rain? wont water get rammed into it?
I've had the ram-air before on my stock airbox, rain really isn't a problem. The air does have another may to get into the Volant airbox, it's open in the same spot as the stock airbox, there's one big opening instead of two small ones though. From my experience, the ram-air doesn't pull water up into the airbox, it may get a few drops in but not enough to be a problem.
Jim
Old 01-24-2004, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

nice,,,is that volants ram air scoop? or did you make that..cause it looks homemade but nice
Old 01-24-2004, 08:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Need to change out that dexcool. Your jug looks nasty inside. Otherwise glad it came for ya and hope it works out for you.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by I8AFORD
nice,,,is that volants ram air scoop? or did you make that..cause it looks homemade but nice
No, it's homemade. I hope Volants look better than that!
Jim
Old 01-24-2004, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by jlwz71
Need to change out that dexcool. Your jug looks nasty inside. Otherwise glad it came for ya and hope it works out for you.
The Dexcool is below that, I guess it stained th inside of the tank though. I have changed it when I replaced the stock stat with a 180* stat. It does look low now that you've brought it to my attention, thanks.
Jim
Old 01-24-2004, 08:34 PM
11 Second Club

yeah I noticed it also..hehe..
Old 01-24-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thats cool. Dexcool is famous for staining the tank like that. I hate that ****. I switched to the new Peak Global and it seems to be doing well.

Quick Reply: Fed EX delivered my Volant finally. Pics!