Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Feeling the itch to swap mufflers again

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ap2002
the oval borla xr-1 would be the better choice IMO...

like tootall mentioned, the round case has more of a "open cutout" noise to it...

the oval case is more of a tough muffler sound? damn im comfused on how to explain it now...
I've got a vid somewhere after changing out the knock sensors with the baby cam . . I'll dig it up
Old 12-07-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aerochamber sounds nothing like a blowmaster scott. I still wouldn't buy one for your purpose.

Personally I'd go with the aero turbine just to do something different, but thats just me.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Scott, if you want me to install it, you better get it pretty quick, because the majority of my tools (including the welder) will be going into storage at the end of December...
Old 12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
TECH Regular

xr-1! Thats going to be my next muffler.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:18 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Scott, if you want me to install it, you better get it pretty quick, because the majority of my tools (including the welder) will be going into storage at the end of December...
Haha only if you're offering Corey, you've done more than enough for me in the past.

And I'm keeping the magnaflow just in case I don't like the sound or wanna swap back sometime in the future.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Haha only if you're offering Corey, you've done more than enough for me in the past.
You know me, any excuse to break out the welder i am more than willing... Just remember having a tail-pipe IMO completely changes the sound of the exhaust tone and definition...
Old 12-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

You know me, any excuse to break out the welder i am more than willing... Just remember having a tail-pipe IMO completely changes the sound of the exhaust tone and definition...
Yep, that is the kind of change I am looking for. A big reason why I want to change mufflers for running the tailpipe is because this magnaflow is dual 2.5" out. I want to run a single 3" to the stock location with a corsa tip or something similar probably.

I do have that 3"in 3"out 14" magnaflow , but I want something that won't muffle the sound as much.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

slp loudmouth I's.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:53 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Why is everything going into storage? Are yall planning on moving pretty soon?
Old 12-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
Why is everything going into storage? Are yall planning on moving pretty soon?
that is correct... We are hoping to have the house on the market at the end of the month. So that means the garage will be cleaned out of all non-essential stuff, mean the majority of my tools, Mustang getting moved to my parents, etc... Also Katie said NO TRUCK projects until we move into a new house to limit the amount of mess that always happens... Also we are planning on moving to the Godely area, so that will also limit the majority of yall coming over due to distance, but i will have a nice shop to work out of

The house we are really looking at has a nice 30x40 shop

Quick Reply: Feeling the itch to swap mufflers again