Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Few ?'s on installing a new guage

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 02:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Can someone help me out with where I should tap for the red(hot) wire and the black(ground) wire. I know the instructions just say a switched 12v source, but I wanna make sure it doesn't need to be hooked to the dimmer switch for instance.
Hey man are you going to commerce today? I'm trying to get some people to show and hope to see you there. Maybe we could run our trucks together.

lator

Yellow/Justin
Old 04-29-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yellowsierra
Hey man are you going to commerce today? I'm trying to get some people to show and hope to see you there. Maybe we could run our trucks together.

lator

Yellow/Justin
Naw, I'm still trying to get this damn guage wired up. I've run the wires like suggested earlier, but I'm not getting a signal to the guage apparently. Can someone help me out on this? I've tapped the purple wire at the O2 sensor, but now when I connect to the guage I get no signal.
Old 04-29-2005, 09:43 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my wire was blue??
Old 04-30-2005, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
my wire was blue??
Which side did you tap into, cause I didn't look at the passenger side. The driver's side though was 3 browns and a purple, FWIW. I got the guage working now. Just had to let the truck run for a couple of minutes for it to start picking up the signal. Now I've got all the wires run and just need to find a spot on the fuse block in the cab for my switched 12v source. Any advice on this?

BTW, if you were able to tap your O2 sensor without crawling under the truck or without a jack my hat's off to you. I ended up having to jack the truck up and crawl under it to get to the sensor. Granted if I wasn't a big guy I could have probably squeezed underneath without the jack. But between my gut and the creeper, it needed the jack/stands
Old 04-30-2005, 08:22 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am al ittle guy. I did have to crawl unter the truck, but with no creeper. I used a unused relay termanal in the box under the hood for my power. I don't like tapping into wires on these new trucks. I like to find a unused source. If you have any question where I pluged into for power I can go take a pic. but I don't know where you could just tap into under the dash.
Old 04-30-2005, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
I am al ittle guy. I did have to crawl unter the truck, but with no creeper. I used a unused relay termanal in the box under the hood for my power. I don't like tapping into wires on these new trucks. I like to find a unused source. If you have any question where I pluged into for power I can go take a pic. but I don't know where you could just tap into under the dash.
Well If you can tell me where you went in the box under the hood, that'd be fine. Also how you go about getting to the underneath side of the panel to wire it in would be great too.

FWIW, I wasn't talking about tapping just a switched 12v wire under the dash. I was actually referring to the box on the side of the dash, with the fuse panel in it.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yearone, call me at 404-432-2684. I'll walk you thru wear to tap into the fuse panel for power. Name is David.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for all the help on this. Guage is in and seems to be working great....for what it's doing. It does seem to read a little accurately though, cause I know the truck has been going really rich at WOT, and the guage jumps to about the middle ways of the rich side when I floor the truck.