Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Finally bought my truck an intake!

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought my truck an intake!

Another post to let you guys know what I'm doing to the Ram and keeping you guys in the loop as far as what's going on in "The Hemi" world. I've been running the stock airbox and ram-air set up with an AirAid MIT for a while but I decided to bite the bullet and get an intake that replaces everything. I got an AFE intake, it locates the cone filter down behind the headlight so it'll draw as much cool air as possible. A member on www.hemitruckclub.com installed and dynoed the intake, he got 20 hp and 24 tq. After researching it for quite a while, I hope I made the right decision. Between getting the intake and HPP, I hope to get into the 14's next time at the track.
Jim
Old 02-02-2005, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

do they have these intakes for GM trucks?
Old 02-02-2005, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by qwank
do they have these intakes for GM trucks?
They do but I don't think it looks the same, looks more like a K&N or AirAid with a heatshield and cone filter in the corner where the stock airbox is. I got it at www.rpmoutlet.com, they seem to have the best price. Check and see what they have for your truck, I could be wrong about the design.
Jim
Old 02-02-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

20 HP for a CAI sounds awesome. i would of bought one too. thanks for the update Jim. let us know if you get into the 14's
Old 02-02-2005, 09:06 PM
TECH Regular

Y2k, isn't that intake like the "Pro-Cold"? It certainly sounds like the same principle.

Jeff
Old 02-02-2005, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by unklej
Y2k, isn't that intake like the "Pro-Cold"? It certainly sounds like the same principle.

Jeff
Yeah, I guess it is. Most of the intakes for the Rams locate the filter near the engine, this and AirRam intake locate it down behind the headlight. The long intake tube is suppose to increase the air velocity into the TB and the filter location is to draw in the coolest air possible. In theory is sounds good, now I'll see if it works.
Jim
Old 02-02-2005, 09:47 PM
TECH Regular

Cool, I hope it works for you. I just ordered the MIT and a K&N panel filter for my truck, hopefulling it will also help me reach the 14.99 mark. Cheers

Jeff
Old 02-02-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You may have bought the best one for your application,but 20HP i doubt it.We had big claims of intake HP recently here on the forum,we have seen no further proof since it was dis- proved.

Keep throwing $ at your Dodge Jim,it wont be as fast as you o'l girl,what was her name... oh ya bow-tie?
Old 02-02-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

pretty nice, I am sure that it will draw some nice air where the cone is at, but it has some pretty harsh bends on it. I thing the could have done away with the one closet to the TB
Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
You may have bought the best one for your application,but 20HP i doubt it.
I doubt it too, but I'll take half of that which would be 10 hp and 12 tq.

Keep throwing $ at your Dodge Jim,it wont be as fast as you o'l girl,what was her name... oh ya bow-tie?
Yep, Ol Bow-tie was good to me! I'm really not trying to get this truck as quick as my Silverado. When I first bought it I said I would do an intake, exhaust and programmer, which is what I've done. I'll see how she does and be happy with it.
Jim

Quick Reply: Finally bought my truck an intake!