Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

first 408 dyno report

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wheres your EGT meter on those headers
Old 01-16-2005, 01:28 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...eelOffsets.jsp

Different wheels are going to have diff. offset, or RS. We will have to check that. If the offset is HUGE, it's going to stick out and look aweful.
your looking at the numbersl wrong. a large positive offset will keep the tires under the truck better. i dont want offset numbers, they are harder to work with. backspacing numbers are what i have seen used most often and is easy to measure for. the leaf springs will be what i am measuring to. then look at section with of the tire, give myself about 1" clearance. shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:38 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Wheres your EGT meter on those headers
how hot is bright red? that just seems to hot. i have several people telling me to try that gts turbo they have. it is a bolt on i think but prety pricy. i guess if i sold the turbo i have the price diference might not be too bad. hmm. might be worth a try.
Old 01-16-2005, 01:45 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will check into the back spacing numbers.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:10 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

P, call Bryan. He's a great guy and I'm sure he'd help you out.

The best bang for the buck I've seen is in a 17" x 9 wheel by M/T

not the best looking wheel but light and strong, and about $100 bucks each; this is what I'm considering.

it's offered in a 5 and 4.5" BS in the 6 lug bolt pattern
Old 01-16-2005, 02:12 PM
what a rush!

Just noticed it's also offered in an 18x10,

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/w...lassic_ii.html
Old 01-16-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

I used to think the Mustang dyno was a good idea to get loading capabilities that would resemble a real world on the street tune. However, I was just on a Dynojet dyno and the a/f was the Exact same as what I had noticed using an on board wide band O2 sensor on the street the night before as what it was on the Dynojet. This is with a 5000lb truck too.

This was on a 248c Dynojet dyno. It has loading capabilities, but it uses something different than the Mustang's eddy current loading design. I think Mustang dynos load way too much.

Well you know those numbers are not accurate with that amount of tire spin That is some killer torque, but like you said the mustang doesn't like that so it just keeps loading more and more. Hop on a Dynojet.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:51 PM
single digit dreamer

those are nice wheels for $100, they only come in a 4.5" back spacing, i am 99% sure i will want more back spacing than that. there realy are a lot of options , i should probably not even look at those $500 wheels but i sure do like the looks.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:55 PM
single digit dreamer

Originally Posted by Ryan23silverado
I used to think the Mustang dyno was a good idea to get loading capabilities that would resemble a real world on the street tune. However, I was just on a Dynojet dyno and the a/f was the Exact same as what I had noticed using an on board wide band O2 sensor on the street the night before as what it was on the Dynojet. This is with a 5000lb truck too.

This was on a 248c Dynojet dyno. It has loading capabilities, but it uses something different than the Mustang's eddy current loading design. I think Mustang dynos load way too much.

Well you know those numbers are not accurate with that amount of tire spin That is some killer torque, but like you said the mustang doesn't like that so it just keeps loading more and more. Hop on a Dynojet.
i have always just went with the std setting on the mustang but they can be changed. next time i go back there i will have them adjust the dyno to real world loads. i dyno in 2nd gear i will log a run in 2nd and see how fast my rpm/sec change and use that number on the dyno. they have it set to 300rpm/sec change but i think real world is closer to 700rpm/sec.
Old 01-16-2005, 02:59 PM
what a rush!

these can be ordered in various BS, although mostly a 4x4 wheel, the BS flexability make them nice

http://www.walkerevansracing.com/products/

Quick Reply: first 408 dyno report