Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

first 408 dyno report

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a lot of those wheels running around here in NY. They are nice wheels, inexpensive and look good. They are known by probably a few hundred different names
as just about wholesale place gets them and re-markets them to other companies.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:46 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ran some gtechs, they really make these dyno numbers seem silly. i started a new thread >> https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...91#post2321691
Old 01-16-2005, 06:24 PM
Launching!

Jim there is a dynojet dyno in Lincoln. It is called Dynosport. The guy is a dumb *** but it maybe a little better for you. The guy in Omaha that you went i assume it is the guy with a sweet mustang. He had to dyno his in Lincoln because his dyno doesn't go high enough.
Old 01-16-2005, 06:26 PM
single digit dreamer

the guy in lincoln is moving his shop right now, it will be a few weeks i am told before the dyno is up and running. by the time he is open the tracks might be open in kc. i dont need no dyno's if the tracks are open.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by getsome
Jim there is a dynojet dyno in Lincoln. It is called Dynosport. The guy is a dumb *** but it maybe a little better for you. The guy in Omaha that you went i assume it is the guy with a sweet mustang. He had to dyno his in Lincoln because his dyno doesn't go high enough.

The guys who own/run the mustang dyno that jim went to are some pretty knowledgable guys... a 9-sec Supra, 600whp 383 Camaro, and the 8-sec mustang that won world ford challenge True Street, were all built & tuned tuned on this dyno by it's operators... www.inductionmotorsports.com

The numbers sure were frustrating, BUT I *can* understand Jim not achieving the peak whp numbers he expects, while at the same time getting excellent improvements on the G-Meter, because his powerband is so much broader than it was before. The wheelspin was the OBVIOUS major problem, though. I was watching the speedometer, it would go wind up past 80mph instantly and you could feel the tirespin...

-scott
Old 01-17-2005, 09:36 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

dieselgeek looks as though there was some tunning problems on that n20 dyno. The rough area at the beginning could have been KR.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hellbents10
dieselgeek looks as though there was some tunning problems on that n20 dyno. The rough area at the beginning could have been KR.

The first few pulls had a nasty hiccup in the first third of the pull. We looked at the megasquirt logs and it showed a large accelleration enrichment that is less noticeable on the street, but at the high loading at low RPMs became very obvious. I reduced the accell enrichments at 4 v/s and the problem disappeared in all the pulls afterwards... the truck ran incredibly different on the colder plugs, we had to retune a lot more than I expected - but the WOT fuelling seems perfect, it's doing exactly what we ask...

I'm not sure if people realize this, but the megasquirt is self-compensating based on feedback from his wideband sensor. That is, it is taking our VE table and fine tuning itself on the fly, and the results are outstanding - way better than we were able to do by hand...
Old 01-17-2005, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Was it a direct port with a standalone fuel system or one pulling from the rails. Was there a lean spike that triggered the fuel enrichment? This happens alot on bigger shots. People do not have enough lead line on the n20 noid to the nozzles or rails and sometimes its a issue of no fuel purging before the run.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Was it a direct port with a standalone fuel system or one pulling from the rails. Was there a lean spike that triggered the fuel enrichment? This happens alot on bigger shots. People do not have enough lead line on the n20 noid to the nozzles or rails and sometimes its a issue of no fuel purging before the run.
Oops, I think we're confusing pulls... this time was no N2O at all. THe last time with N2O was on the old 6.0 motor, and I wasn't present for any of those pulls. I only entered the scene when Jim becamse interested in the Megasquirt
Old 01-17-2005, 04:00 PM
single digit dreamer

what chart are you refering to? none of the charts in this thread have any nitrous pulls. i have posted a lot of charts so i am not sure which you are refering to.

Quick Reply: first 408 dyno report