Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Flo-Pro Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flo-Pro Mufflers

Hey everyone, I'm a newb that needs a sound clip of a Flo-Pro muffler. I've read that the members that have them here on the board swear by them. I was looking at the Oval HD for my Denali. Any opinions?
Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 PM
Launching!

I've got the FloPro 2503 dual in / single out with a Corsa dual outlet tip. I was disappointed at first because it sounded quieter than stock, but after about a thousand miles it's got a nice burble on the outside under a load. I don't hear the exhaust over the sound of the engine in the cab.

I really wanted the Corsa, but they don't make one for my truck. But I highly recommend the FloPro against the Magnaflow and the Flowmaster if you want to be able to carry on a conversation at a 75 mph cruise and not hear the exhaust drone or have to turn down the radio.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:48 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Where are you located? You may find someone close that you can take a ride with to see for yourself how you like it.

I have the FloPro HD 2503 with headers and high flow cats and I love it. Its quiet when you need it to be and loud when you want it to be. NO RESONANCE.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

I'm in Jacksonville, FL. I was looking at the 2504, dual 3" in and dual 3" out.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:25 AM
Launching!

I also have the 2503, it was a little quiet at first but now it is starting to open up with some good tones, I think that you will be pleased with it.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 AM
On The Tree

Did any of you with the flo-pro 2503 notice any power gains? I am looking at the flo-pro because I don't want a loud setup (drone), want something I can weld in place of the factory muffler leaving the rest of the system stock, and get better flow which should help in the HP department. I also hope it gets rid of the "noises" that the factory muffler is making on my truck (metal/metal sound and loud popping when it cools).
Old 08-31-2005, 08:39 AM
Launching!

I did notice a little increase in low end power, but kind of hard to tell. Mine rarely pops with the flo-pro, but my stock muffler poped all the time.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by nativetexan
Where are you located? You may find someone close that you can take a ride with to see for yourself how you like it.

I have the FloPro HD 2503 with headers and high flow cats and I love it. Its quiet when you need it to be and loud when you want it to be. NO RESONANCE.

What he said.
I have the dual in single out.I had tried about 8-9 muffler combos before this,Its the last time i need to change.My buddies Denali has a dual/dual out each side behind the tires and spendy tips,his is awesome,I would do mine like that all over again.I punched his Denali up with H&C AZ speeds,UPD,Ls1 edit,2600 yank.He has put a million flawless miles on it.Hasnt skipped a beat.Go flopro if you dont like drone and a little stealthy.
Attached Thumbnails Flo-Pro Mufflers-denali-ho.jpg  
Old 08-31-2005, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

I was planing on using the exisiting piping and just changing out the muffler and tip. I will probably update the y-pipe later with some long tubes. I've had many exaust systems in the past that killed low end and caused drone, which with a 7000lb vehicle I would like to have as much low end as I can. I'm really happy to not have any drone.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:55 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by curlyws6
Did any of you with the flo-pro 2503 notice any power gains? I am looking at the flo-pro because I don't want a loud setup (drone), want something I can weld in place of the factory muffler leaving the rest of the system stock, and get better flow which should help in the HP department. I also hope it gets rid of the "noises" that the factory muffler is making on my truck (metal/metal sound and loud popping when it cools).
Dyno results on mine were +6 rwhp and +28rwtq. No additional tuning was done at that time. My truck reacted very well to the muffler.

Quick Reply: Flo-Pro Mufflers