Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Flow-Junk, Flow Disaster, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik
5hp isnt going to win or lose a race like thta. and how did you witness a gain by the mufflers? cause you tested them on two differetn days? so many variations to come up with that theory. you would have to do it on a dyno in the same day and same time frame on the same vehicle. if you want performance go straight thru and have rasp, if you want sound go with a chamberd muffler. this debate goes on everything on everysite. if you hate flows great but dotn think that youre typical muffler is better then another cause you have it or you say it is. its all in perference. and ill take the loss in 5HPbs that ppl say and live with a sound i like
Dude read teh damn thread you are posting in
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...5&postcount=52
It was within 10 points on the DA scale from when he ran with the flowmasters IE same damn conditions. Also at ANY given day I would pull him a little then after the muffler swap he would pull me on ANY given day. You need to read more carefully. I beg to differ 5hp can make a difference like dropping a K&N filter in=5hp I could tell that my motor revved easier. Seriously though 5hp can make a mesureable difference the 1/4, your argument is dead IMO.

Rhino not ALL mufflers are better than a flowmaster just most I ahve seen gained hp/lost ET when ditching the flows and not to mention the HORRIBLE interior resonance.

Flowmasters sound good IMO but I cant stand the interior resonance of them, having a truck that sounds like EVERY other truck on the road and my personal experience with the flowmaster mufflers and their power loss compared to other mufflers on the market.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by 1BadAction
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...&products_id=2

there it is, the newest, greatest thing ever, its way better than flowmaster.

what the hell

How exactly does that work out?
Old 01-24-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71

what the hell

How exactly does that work out?
I know you didn't fall for that?!?! Check out some of their other items for sale. Blinker fluid?!?!? DDDEEEERRRRR....
Old 01-24-2006, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by slowprocess
I know you didn't fall for that?!?! Check out some of their other items for sale. Blinker fluid?!?!? DDDEEEERRRRR....
Didnt look at any of the other stuff on there I know it wouldnt wrok thats why I saud WTF
Old 01-25-2006, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Blinker fluid!! I need some, I'm low!
Old 05-08-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Element 80
I'm guilty of putting Flows on my trucks. I didn't know better!
as am i. the one day that i drove around with no muffler it ran awesomely, i put the flowmaster back on and it was a pooch.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used to like the sound of my 40 series, but i've grown weary of it. i like the sound of the big block 3 chambers with no cats, but i'm going with an aerochamber or dynomax next time.... if i had a disposible income i'd get a corsa sport. haha
Old 05-08-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

one of my clear corners is filling up with water.... i guess that counts as blinker fluid???
Old 05-09-2006, 03:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
The way I see it, and this is just my opinion, it seems that all of the mentioned aftermarket mufflers will give you an improvement over stock, obviously. Some may be good for an extra hp or two, but they'll all do the trick. I think it comes down to application (how the truck is to be used...full time race, daily driver, a mix of both, etc.), and preference. If you like Flowmaster and the distinct Flowmaster sound, get Flows. If it helps you sleep better at night knowing that you're flowing every available hp through your mufflers as possible, then go for the Mags or Aeros or whatever. Some folks want sound, some want performance, most want both...and it's all attainable with the mufflers/exhaust set-ups mentioned in this thread IMO.

I agree 100%, but i will say that there are some mufflers out there that sound better on a truck than a flowmaster, but in my opinion, you cant beat the sound of a 32 valve mustang cobra with a stainless x-pipe and some 40 series.

Last edited by jblack6527; 05-09-2006 at 04:03 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jblack6527
I agree 100%, but i will say that there are some mufflers out there that sound better on a truck than a flowmaster, but in my opinion, you cant beat the sound of a 32 valve mustang cobra with a stainless x-pipe and some 40 series.
Yeah you can. It's called Corsa's Corvette Pace Car Edition exhaust system....

http://www.corsaperf.com/flashc5.htm

Can you say Corveghini?

Where do I find this muffler!!!!

Quick Reply: Flow-Junk, Flow Disaster, Etc...