Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Flowmaster DOSS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 09:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster DOSS

Does anyone have this?

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/sh...le=&orig=17392

I have been looking on youtube/net all weekend after I found it on Ebay and I can not find a single sound clip of this. I am really interested in it as it looks aggressive and its got the side exit like I was gonna go with in a custom setup.

Thanks to anyone who can help with an exhaust clip or experience with it. I have read that its a new system so it hasn't been around long....
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
Launching!

why yes i do! i like it, sounded pretty decent with the 5.3L and headers, sounds bad *** with the new motor. however, i never heard it with the manifolds but having had a dumped super 44 on the truck when it was stock vs headers and then comparing the sound of this system with headers vs the super 44 with headers i imagine it should be pretty tame at cruise and fairly audible when you're on it like the 44 was.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, I wanted to do a corsa sport but that is just ridiculously priced and true duals are gonna be expensive too. This is more my budget for now. I love the side exit too! I just wish I could get a clip of it too.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:03 AM
Launching!

the exhaust uses a 40 series muffler so that's the sound you'll get with it. i don't think the side exit will change that sound much vs the typical pickup "cowboy tips" out the back. those are all over youtube and are a pretty good representation of what you should get.

Last edited by YodiBrodi; 07-11-2011 at 12:11 AM.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

True. I thought it might have a different tone with dual exit and piping but I geuss I can just keep listening to the 40 series clips.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Launching!

get it. looks good, sounds good, and way cheaper than the magnaflow version of it.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

That was gonna be my next question(Magnaflow) that's is pretty pricey there. Well I just need to get it ordered now damn.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

flowmaster has already been proven as one of the worst possible exhausts you can get...why not just get a magnaflow muffler ($50-$150) depending on size, take it to a reputable muffler shop and have them bend you some pipes to exit in front of the rear tire. Youd come out cheaper than the price of that kit, and it will sound and perform much better. just my opinion and many others as well. you could get out for around or under 250 doing it this way. PMing you a place to buy mufflers at a very good price, since posting links to non supporting vendors is prohibited.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:30 AM
On The Tree

I would but there no reputable shops in my area. They are scam artists and do shitty work. I like the bolt on kits as that's easy plug and play. If u don't like it u can sell it and u didn't hack up the stock parts-Just my $.02. Flowmaster/magnaflow whatever I don't have any prefference. I have had them all and no problems with any of them.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Launching!

your opening sentence is quite the tape recorder statement bud. there's not a lot of hp to be gained or lost through a muffler and a 3" pipe is a 3" pipe is a 3" pipe. if they were so horrible i doubt you would see anyone using them at the tracks and yet you do. old man nostalgia or not, they still know what makes a car fast and what holds one back. it's a 40 series delta flow that comes with it, there is no loss of flow through that muffler.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster DOSS