Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

FLP L5 in... Very impressed.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 03:31 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to hear all these good things. my FLP just got to my door today and is going in first thing in the morn!!!!
Old 11-10-2004, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Awesome.

Can you specify how hard you want the shifts when you order the tranny?
Old 11-10-2004, 10:16 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Day 2 assessment: I got to drive it this morning without being pissed off that the intake tube was off... I was impressed last night (I drove it for 10 minutes after putting the tube back on), but now I'm beyond impressed...

Under light throttle, you'd never know anything was up, but anything after 25% tps, look out. My foot slipped a couple of times this morning (and ya know, pinned the throttle to the floor purely by accident) and let me just say that after one 1-2 shift, I thought I had gone blind for a few seconds.

Marc - I talked directly to Chuck Johnson when I ordered mine. He asked me all kinds of stuff like how hard it should shift, street use, etc. My advice is to tell him what you'd like and let Chuck do his magic
Old 11-10-2004, 10:45 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TurboBerserker
Marc - I talked directly to Chuck Johnson when I ordered mine. He asked me all kinds of stuff like how hard it should shift, street use, etc. My advice is to tell him what you'd like and let Chuck do his magic
That's sweet. I'm psyched it's working out for you.

How long did the install take?

I'm looking to drop my tranny for a converter install this Friday, but I'm starting to wuss out more and more every day. I don't really feel like messing with it myself.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:16 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

I completely wussed on this one... I was a little tired of laying under the truck all weekend, every weekend

I took it to a local performance shop for the swap. Every with a lift, tranny jacks, etc., it still took 'em the better part of two days. Chuck (the owner of the shop) told me he personally spent 4-5 hours trying to convince the starter to come out...

Mental Note: Never fix the starter myself.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:25 AM
TECH Junkie

My foot slipped a couple of times this morning (and ya know, pinned the throttle to the floor purely by accident) and let me just say that after one 1-2 shift, I thought I had gone blind for a few seconds.

Don't you just hate when that happens. My wife will say that I'm going to fast. I'll say sorry my foot slipped.
Old 11-10-2004, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

get er did erik!

when these guys are talking crygenically treated parts..make sure they are getting them done right. there are people that do that process right and get great results...and some do it the wrong way...and just say it was cryogenically treated...

big difference...like possible broken parts difference.

and erik, i didn't forget about that coating you asked about for exhaust and such. i'll try to PM you a source for that later this afternoon...
Old 11-10-2004, 12:04 PM
14 Second Truck Club

It looks like you guys may have some injector laying around and don't know what to do with them. I need some 36#-44# injectors pm me if you want to get rid of them. I do take donations. LOL I need some pretty quick. I have the same problem with my foot too, just keeps slipping. I think i caught it from this site. Yea thats what it is a computer virus.
Old 11-10-2004, 12:45 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Sorry Jerry, mine are already sold as soon as I get 'em swapped out
Old 11-10-2004, 12:47 PM
MOOBIES Moderator

I was looking into this tranny when I decided to go w/ the 80-e. Kinda wish I had gotten one now. I hope this 80-e works out for me.

Quick Reply: FLP L5 in... Very impressed.