Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

freaking flex a lite, 2500 problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freaking flex a lite, 2500 problems

So i broke down and got a set of e fans from jeggs... Went and rented the tool to take the fan off... got all that done, then the fans come in...

I do the drilling for the harness as the directions say along with all the other steps up to the part where you mount it to the car.

Doesent fit. The fans are a lot smaller than the rad.

I call jeggs back.. No help at all.. they say call flex a lite.

Call them, get put on hold like 10 times because they only have one person answering tech questions...

Anyway they have apparetly never heard of a 2500 suburban and argued with me for like 10 minutes on my motor and the size of my rad, 38 X 17.

So after being on hold for another 5 min she said i need the universal mount kit. (item number 290) it will ship out on monday.

So the suburban just sets for a week...

get the kit in today and got to bolt it up.. Its as worthless as the other freaking kit. Yes hey sent a lot of brackets, but no way to mount them to anything or to each other with out drilling a buch of freaking holes..

So i went to lowes then made some brackets to hold the tops of the fans.... but i havent figured out the bootms.... also with the "custom" brackets it maked the fan off centered by bout 2 inches. which i guess doesent matter.
They flow 3,00 cfm on low and 5800 on high she said.

which brings me to another point... apparently all SUV/ Truckes that Gm makes are not 2500's becase the directions have all the crap about hookiung up wires that i dont have, Speed sensor, air sensor, water crossing / car wash sensor....

So any of you 2500 guys that have E fans how the heck did you keep the bottom of the fan attached to the rad...

Im about to loose my mind.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a single bolt sticking through the support below the radiator right where the fans sit. Just drill a hole in the bottom of the fans right where the bolt will go through them . That's how I did my LS1 fans anyway. Yours might be different.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw that bolt down there but there is a big sensor or some time mounted to it, and its about 3 inches below the fan.