Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fuel in Oil

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 12:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

You already told us in the first post that they don't leak when it's off. I think you're going to have to get the tuner to scan it while you are driving to see what's happening.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't as far as I could see. I really don't see it being anything else but an injector.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check your plugs? how do they all look? you will def see a rich condition on the plug/s. i would def get a scan tool hooked up to see whats going on
Old 01-02-2011, 05:39 PM
Teching In

I will this week. I just found out another vehicle doing same thing and we all get fuel at same spot. It is non ethanol 93 octane fuel too. This is very weird. I think I'm gonna get my fuel analyzed too this week.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Top Secret 48
I will this week. I just found out another vehicle doing same thing and we all get fuel at same spot. It is non ethanol 93 octane fuel too. This is very weird. I think I'm gonna get my fuel analyzed too this week.
Hmmm, good observation....maybe it's crap gas that isn't getting a complete burn and getting past the rings. You'd think that the truck would run crappy though, but if the engine can run within the PCM's parameters without tripping a code, the PCM may be able to compensate enough for any possible runability issues...
Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 AM
Teching In

Yea I know all three trucks still run perfect, no misfires, starting issues, nothing just fuel in oil.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

Does your truck have one of those evap canisters on the fuel tank? I dont know much about the fuel system but I know that on my avalanche I have one next to my tank. I though that was supposed to help with the excess fuel smell and part of emissions? IDK if its worth lookign at or not but it sounds like you have pretty much torn everything else apart lookin for the cause.

Yea I know all three trucks still run perfect, no misfires, starting issues, nothing just fuel in oil.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Teching In

Put it on scan tool and the injectors are working at over 100% duty cycle at wide open throttle. I gonna put bigger injectors in and c if that fixes the problem.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Well I changed the injectors and had truck dynoed again made more power and torque but is still making oil. I put 150 miles on it since I changed injectors and oil and it rose a half quart. I brought the oil to get analyzed today. Every gm mechanic or engine builder around here cannot figure out what the deal is with this truck.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 197 Likes on 154 Posts

Did he get tuned at the same place?

Put it on scan tool and the injectors are working at over 100% duty cycle at wide open throttle. I gonna put bigger injectors in and c if that fixes the problem.
Isn't that a lot of fuel for just a cam and headers? I am really starting to question your tune.

Quick Reply: Fuel in Oil