Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

fuel pressure gauge install

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fuel pressure gauge install

Ok I just spent half an hour on the phone with a Summit tech and still didn't get what I need. I'm trying to install my electric fuel pressure gauge(auto meter phantom) to my fuel rail. Correct me if I"m wrong the sending unit is a male 1/8 NPT and the shrader valve is a male -4 AN. How should I connect these?

Thanks Jason
Old 11-10-2004, 09:07 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

go to a race shop or a hydraulic hose shop and ask them for a fitting that goes from a 4an to female 1/8 npt. they should have one.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD BULL
Ok I just spent half an hour on the phone with a Summit tech and still didn't get what I need. I'm trying to install my electric fuel pressure gauge(auto meter phantom) to my fuel rail. Correct me if I"m wrong the sending unit is a male 1/8 NPT and the shrader valve is a male -4 AN. How should I connect these?
Thanks Jason
You need two adapters. I don't have the part numbers handy, hopefully somone else will, one adapts from schrader to female of some other type, then a second to adapt from that to female 1/8 NPT. It looks like this...

ProCharger has the part numbers that's who I got them from.....
Old 11-10-2004, 09:13 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

hmm. i did mine with one fitting.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:18 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

ATM-3271---go to summit racing and use this fitting. it is in the autometer gauge and accessories section.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 02denali
hmm. i did mine with one fitting.
My local hydro parts shop had nothing. I just went with the numbers procharger gave me and got them through a local speed shop. One of those fittings (I don't remember which one, I think it is the one w/ the 90) cost me like $50 because it was special order and I needed it overnight.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:43 PM
Formerly one92rs

Talking

oh yay if you go to a hyd shop and ask for a #4 an fitting they might look at you funny. then tell them it is the same as a #4 JIC fitting.
Old 11-10-2004, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

oh yay if you go to a hyd shop and ask for a #4 an fitting they might look at you funny. then tell them it is the same as a #4 JIC fitting.
It was a heavy equipment type shop, hydro, pneumatic etc.... we were just digging through the bins, they had nothing that would work. I was kinda surprised when I called procharger and was told I needed two fittings. I thought it was weird, but I needed them so I just bought what they told me would work.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:30 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 138 Likes on 91 Posts

Yep... NPT and JIC are the same thing. The lingo just depends on what industry you are refering to. In the hydrolics/hose world it will be a JIC. I just went to my Dad's shop and picked one up for mine. I can get the Aeroquip part number for you if you need it.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BigKID
Yep... NPT and JIC are the same thing. The lingo just depends on what industry you are refering to. In the hydrolics/hose world it will be a JIC. I just went to my Dad's shop and picked one up for mine. I can get the Aeroquip part number for you if you need it.

Thanks for the help guys!

Quick Reply: fuel pressure gauge install