Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

fuel pressure issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Notorious BIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pressure issues

I was at the track yesterday. During my runs i was watching my fuel pressure gauge. Coming out of the hole and all the way through 1st gear i was at around 62psi. Once i shifted into second i dropped down to about 58psi through second and through third gears. Is this correct? I did have some issues with my magnuson radix inline fuel pump about a week or so ago with it whining really loud and fuel pressure dropping down into the 40's. I got a warranty replacement from magnuson, but havn't had a chance to put it in yet. what do you guys think? has anybody watched there fuel pressure gauge while under WOT through the gears? is it supposed to drop some like mine?
Old 04-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=362569
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=362860

Blownchevy will know for sure on your particular truck, but return systems should see 60+ at WOT. If your not at that, then it's not safe. As you can see from my threads...on my third inline. REPLACE your inline. In the old days fuel pumps wouldn't work sometimes and not other times, they would just quiet. Now a days, they "act up" and fool you into thinking you can keep them on there.Just Replace it.

Besides that how was your times?
Old 04-11-2006, 07:44 AM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=362569
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=362860

Blownchevy will know for sure on your particular truck, but return systems should see 60+ at WOT. If your not at that, then it's not safe. As you can see from my threads...on my third inline. REPLACE your inline. In the old days fuel pumps wouldn't work sometimes and not other times, they would just quiet. Now a days, they "act up" and fool you into thinking you can keep them on there.Just Replace it.

Besides that how was your times?
hey dewey, thanks for the reply. i really appriciate the links. seems i should have searched harder as i would have found that you have had this exact problem already, twice! Anyway, magna did send me a new one under warranty, i'll get it in ther asap! btw, have you found a inline that is of better quality than the magna one? if so, linky linky.

as for my times, yeah, i'm a pretty happy camper right now.

R/T .466
60' 1.801
330 5.181
1/8 8.030
MPH 86.00
1000' 10.532
1/4 12.667
MPH 105.60
Old 04-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a Wabro 255 yesterday for 100 bucks (. My understanding is that Magna's is a Wabro. I don't know...freaking inlines. Trust me....I am watching the threads for a out of the box intank replacement for ours thats puttin out 255 at 13 volts. I will more than likely, once I have free time...bwah yeh right mod a stocker...until then I guess I'll deal with the inline. I might add the voltage booster for a little more umph.

12.66 AWESOME!!!
Old 04-11-2006, 09:40 AM
Notorious BIG

sounds good dewey, keep me informed on what you got going on with that.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Haven't had an issue. Did the BigTex switch on the FPR so that it is seeing boost though. My FP gauge is kind of slow in response...how long does it take for you to see a change in pressure on the gauge? What type of gauge do you have?
Old 04-11-2006, 09:59 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
I got a warranty replacement from magnuson, but havn't had a chance to put it in yet. what do you guys think?
Dont mean to sound like a dick here......

I think you need to install it........

I dont quite get why you would go through the trouble of betting the replacement and not install it. With the level of power you are making I would suggest a pump booster on the inline also.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:16 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by krambo
Haven't had an issue. Did the BigTex switch on the FPR so that it is seeing boost though. My FP gauge is kind of slow in response...how long does it take for you to see a change in pressure on the gauge? What type of gauge do you have?
i have auto meter fuel pressure gauge. i reacts instantly to pressure changes. even if i just lightlly tap the gas pedal, i can see it move instantly.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Dont mean to sound like a dick here......

I think you need to install it........

I dont quite get why you would go through the trouble of betting the replacement and not install it. With the level of power you are making I would suggest a pump booster on the inline also.
i never said i wasnt going to install it. i just got it the other day and havn't had any time at all to get it done. I was asking dewey if he found a better solution than the ones magna supplies as it seems there are alot of bad ones. btw, what is a pump booster? i'll go ahead and order one, just need to know what it is and where to get it?
Old 04-11-2006, 01:21 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Holty
i never said i wasnt going to install it. i just got it the other day and havn't had any time at all to get it done. btw, what is a pump booster? i'll go ahead and order one, just need to know what it is and where to get it?

I would suggest the MagnaVolt for the Inline. You can purchase it direct from Magnuson.

If you knew you had fuel pressure issues you should not have been racing the truck.....that was kinda the point I was trying to make.

Quick Reply: fuel pressure issues