Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fuel pump questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2003, 04:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fuel pump questions

ok do you know what i'm talking about it is the black box that is in front of the fuel tank it injects vapors into the manifold i think if you look on top of the intake manifold it black and is on the top right after the t.b.

marc
Old 03-09-2003, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by parish8:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Texas Terminator:
<strong> hey richard, i have an inline that can bury my guage wide open. why not just do that? </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">wondering exactly what you mean by that,if it is forcing up your fuel presure that would make tuning kind of tricky </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">i was just stating the capabilities of the pump. it is based on the fmu that came with my ati.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by redaddiction:
<strong> ok do you know what i'm talking about it is the black box that is in front of the fuel tank it injects vapors into the manifold i think if you look on top of the intake manifold it black and is on the top right after the t.b.

marc </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that is part of the eec(evaporative emissions control). it doesn't inject anything. it simply collects unused fuel vapors and recirculates them back into the fuel system.
Old 03-09-2003, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

ok so what would happen if i ditched this system would that be of any benefit or what cuz i've been thinking of moving my tank but i have that thing in the way so what would happen if i got rid of it

marc
Old 03-10-2003, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just purchased a Walbro 340 for my supercharged Tahoe.I plan to adapt it into the intank fuel module and use the MSD fuelpump voltage booster that came with my intercooled magnacharger ki in conjunction with it.Ramchargers has that pump on special for $89 right now.
Old 03-10-2003, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by redaddiction:
<strong> ok so what would happen if i ditched this system would that be of any benefit or what cuz i've been thinking of moving my tank but i have that thing in the way so what would happen if i got rid of it

marc </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">not sure but you may run into fuel system pressure/vaccum problems. otherwise, nothing. cap it off and forget it. i do believe you may set a code though without disabling it with EDIT.