Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Fueling Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:51 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lmao, a 3 year old thread... I guess my fueling ideas worked
Old 05-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Launching!

ok guys, sorry to bring this thread back to life again, just using the search tool.lol

here'e my issue. i have a 2000 rcsb 6.0 swap. return style set-up. now when i bought the truck it had a stock intank and a wal-255lph inline. now i have heard that with both of those running at the same time, one will burn up or/and i wont have enough fuel up top. now without going to a dual intank setup,could i just put a walboro intank and then put a small surge tank inbetween the 2? will that work?
Old 05-20-2010, 10:36 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GetBlown01
ok guys, sorry to bring this thread back to life again, just using the search tool.lol

here'e my issue. i have a 2000 rcsb 6.0 swap. return style set-up. now when i bought the truck it had a stock intank and a wal-255lph inline. now i have heard that with both of those running at the same time, one will burn up or/and i wont have enough fuel up top. now without going to a dual intank setup,could i just put a walboro intank and then put a small surge tank inbetween the 2? will that work?
Talk to Lonnie at lonniesperformance.com, he is a sponsor on LS1 Tech and very helpful/knowlegable with fuel systems as i just found out.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Talk to Lonnie at lonniesperformance.com, he is a sponsor on LS1 Tech and very helpful/knowlegable with fuel systems as i just found out.
thanks man.

anybody else? im trying to get by for a little bit without having to spend 600 on a dual intank
Old 05-20-2010, 11:22 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sounds like you are good to go. You have the same setup that comes with all the Magnacharger return style kits. It's best to leave the intank module stock if you don't really need more output than the dual inline gives you.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
Sounds like you are good to go. You have the same setup that comes with all the Magnacharger return style kits. It's best to leave the intank module stock if you don't really need more output than the dual inline gives you.
I’ve run this same set up for four years and while some are not as fortunate, I have yet to have a problem with it and more so, my in-tank fuel module and pump are the original that came in the truck.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Surge tank pictures from Daves truck (usabodyguard)

Old 05-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Launching!

so the surge tank will work? does it need to be a certain size or can i go with a small one? like coolant overflow tube size tank? and shouls my inline pull it out of the overflow? sorry for all the questions
Old 05-21-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what i understand a nice fuel system is not cheap, your going to spend some money if you want it done right and clean. gotta pay to play. Daves set up is the first and only set up i have seen so far, might want to pm him and ask him some questions or maybe he will chime in on this old school thread.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:28 AM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure if continuously free flowing into a surge tank will affect the life expectancy of the stock pump?? The lack of back pressure in the line from the stock pump may also disable the system that keeps the pump bucket filled with fuel - been a while since I looked at the return style bucket. You may not be any better off.

How will you trigger the secondary pump?

For my setup I used an FPR at the surge tank, to maintain the pressure in the OE feed line. The secondary pump and the FPR after the rails only come into play under boost. This allows the capability to run a higher system base pressure under boost. I probably could have cranked it up and used smaller injectors than the 95's I am running. But this is a Mega $ system.

Last edited by DrX; 05-21-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Fueling Upgrade