Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Full Sweep Electric Guage?Info?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Full Sweep Electric Guage?Info?

I need a fuel pressure gauge and a vac/boost gauge. I was looking at the Autometer gauges and I saw there were mechanical gauges and full sweep electric gauges. I assume the fuel pressure gauge has to have a fuel line to it if you get the mechanical one. Also the boost gauge has to have a vacuum line to it. That has got to be a bitch getting those line through the firewall and up you pillar huh?

Well I want to get their full sweep electric guages. Basically there is a sender that mounts at the point of connection for the boost and fuel gauges. Then there is only wire going to the actual gauge. I like that a lot better. These are the kind that the needle zeros out everytime you turn on the key to calibrate itself. That would probably look pretty cool!! Any way the problem is they cost $200 each!!! So what are you guys using???????

I need to make a decision this week!! Appreciate all the suggestions that you all can give me.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:20 AM
On The Tree

For safety reasons if you mount the fuel pressure gauge inside the cab you must use the EXPENSIVE electrical gauge. As far as the boost/vac gauge I went with the mechanical gauge due to it should respond faster. Routing the vacuum line isn't that bad because the line is only about 5/32" dia. poly tubing which is pretty easy to route.
Old 10-06-2004, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

never mount a mechanical fp guage inside the cab unless you use a fluid separator. i use electronic guages myself.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ChevyCoonass
...I assume the fuel pressure gauge has to have a fuel line to it if you get the mechanical one.....That has got to be a bitch getting those line through the firewall and up you pillar huh?...
Never run fuel into the cab! Think if you were in an accident and your broken gauge is spraying you with gasoline as you sit there waiting for the jaws of life to gut you free.

Check out Dynotune they are a sponsor here and have some good gauges.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:07 PM
TECH Regular

there is a rubber boot in the firewall right behind the fuse box cover. when i ran my boost line and elec FP wires...i just cut a small slit in it. took 5 mins to get the lines run