Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Gen III wiring harness installed pics?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gen III wiring harness installed pics?

Looking for what a (2004 Gen III 6.0) motor is supposed to look like with the the wiring harness attached. I've tried searching, but no luck. What I am after is a few pics showing the harness mounted on the engine like on an engine stand. Like a total dip$h!t I forgot to take pics when mine was still on(about a year ago, LOL). Thanks for any help.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ascinder
Looking for what a (2004 Gen III 6.0) motor is supposed to look like with the the wiring harness attached. I've tried searching, but no luck. What I am after is a few pics showing the harness mounted on the engine like on an engine stand. Like a total dip$h!t I forgot to take pics when mine was still on(about a year ago, LOL). Thanks for any help.

just open the hood of any 99-07 classic. go test drive one on a used car lot if you don't know any body with one.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ascinder
wait! what?! you want to know where all the plugs go? or how the harness lays over the intake manifold?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Teching In

What I really need to see is a good picture(hopefully more than 1) of how the harness attaches at all the various points to the engine itself. When I got mine, it was stripped down to the bare block and a lot of the parts were replaced with aftermarket stuff. I have nonstock heads, intake manifold, pan, headers, fuel rails, brackets, etc, and I'm just trying to find the best way to reattach everything so I can get it going. Looking at the harness now, there are a lot of little brackets and tabs that don't look like they'd attach to anywhere that I can see. Maybe it is because the attachment points are now gone, or maybe I'm just missing where they go, that's what I'm trying to find out.