Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

going to the dyno to see what the Vortech can really put down

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default going to the dyno to see what the Vortech can really put down

Next weekend, If all goes according to plan Im headed over to Rev Xtreme for a wideband setup. I'd like to get peoples guesstimates as to what it will put down.
1st PREVIOUS test gave an impressive
279 rwhp
289 rwtq
Since then Ive added Thorley headers, alky system,smaller pulley, 212/218 camshaft, 918 springs, ported oil pump, I may switch do a dual nozzle alky system and redo all the piping pre and post blower to 3" steel throuhgout. Im going to move the maf to blowthrough side so that I can vent to atmoshere to keep things cooler.
Im hoping to hit at least 420rwhp, if not a smaller pulley goes on immediately
What do you guys think?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:16 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by greentahoe
Next weekend, If all goes according to plan Im headed over to Rev Xtreme for a wideband setup. I'd like to get peoples guesstimates as to what it will put down.
1st PREVIOUS test gave an impressive
279 rwhp
289 rwtq
Since then Ive added Thorley headers, alky system,smaller pulley, 212/218 camshaft, 918 springs, ported oil pump, I may switch do a dual nozzle alky system and redo all the piping pre and post blower to 3" steel throuhgout. Im going to move the maf to blowthrough side so that I can vent to atmoshere to keep things cooler.
Im hoping to hit at least 420rwhp, if not a smaller pulley goes on immediately
What do you guys think?
How much boost are you running now? What size pulley?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:25 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Also, have you done any logs to see how much air you're flowing, so you can do a before and after cam comparison?
Old 02-11-2005, 10:33 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I couldn't begin to guess at a number but I am crossin my fingers for you bro!

This is going to be the result of alot of effort and frustration on your part so I'm sure the #s will be good as long as you guys can nail down the tuning.
Old 02-11-2005, 10:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm going to say 400 hp even.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:27 AM
TECH Addict

Sorry, forgot about this one. Right now I have the 3.12 and at 5800 its making between 9 and 10#'s. I have a 2.87 that I may put on while we are putting it back together on Wed.
I havent done any logs. Ive been getting ahead of myself with everything else that is going on. As soon as we move into the new house Im getting a new MIG welder and Im redoing all the piping with 3" tubing throughout. I'll probably try to get a baseline this week as soon as we finish up and then another when I redo all the piping, go to a blow through setup and switch to a dual nozzle system.
I'll definately post up either way. Im really hoping for around 420, but we'll see
Thanks guys!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Default 420rwhp, no problem!!

You should hit 420rwhp with ease. I am putting down 440rwhp with the mods in sig. You are only pulling it to 5800rpms? Why? Does it fall off on the top end? At 6000rpms I am seeing around 10-12psi with the 3.33 pulley, probaly so high because of exhaust restrictions, which will be taken care of neek week. Keep us posted should be interesting.
Old 02-12-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01_5.3_RCSB
You should hit 420rwhp with ease. I am putting down 440rwhp with the mods in sig. You are only pulling it to 5800rpms? Why? Does it fall off on the top end? At 6000rpms I am seeing around 10-12psi with the 3.33 pulley, probaly so high because of exhaust restrictions, which will be taken care of neek week. Keep us posted should be interesting.
Damn man!! Last time I saw you on here you put down like 380 I thought?!! I guess youve been working while Ive been chatting . Its still on the original tune and I read that with a blower its a good idea to upgrade springs. Since I was running the stockers I opted for safe as opposed to sorry. I'll probably stick to around 6K since with a 2.87 that will be spinning the blower like 5K over its max rated RPM. Others have said that it doesnt account for slip and many have done so, so I think it'll be alright and should shift the powerband down quite a bit.
Old 02-12-2005, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Default 373 no alky!

Yea, the last dyno #'s were 373rwhp that was with out the alky. I picked up 60whp with the alky. You are right it is a good thing to replace your springs, I will be replacing mine in the next few weeks after I get my exhaust on. (pacesetter headers, true duals 3inch w/x-pipe, and Magna Flow mufflers) I might be in need of a smaller pulley, you seem to have a few extra.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 01_5.3_RCSB
Yea, the last dyno #'s were 373rwhp that was with out the alky. I picked up 60whp with the alky. You are right it is a good thing to replace your springs, I will be replacing mine in the next few weeks after I get my exhaust on. (pacesetter headers, true duals 3inch w/x-pipe, and Magna Flow mufflers) I might be in need of a smaller pulley, you seem to have a few extra.
60rwhp?! Thats awesome. I wont be able to run as much timing as you since I dont have the aftercooler, but Im switching to a dual nozzle setup as soon as I redo the pre and post blower tubing. How much timing are you running now? That thing has gone a long way in a very short period of time!! You're going to see a big gain by freeing up that exhaust! At this rate I wouldnt be surprised to see you near 500 with some good headers, a new tune, and a smaller pulley! Youre setup is definately running strong. Im going to start tuning next week or as soon as we close on the new house. My truck is in desperate need of some tuning, Im just scared to start.

Quick Reply: going to the dyno to see what the Vortech can really put down