Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Going through with it!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 01:45 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Going through with it!

thanks guys for all your input. I'm looking forward to doing this swap. the cam will be installed professionally as well as the gears/posi unit ill need to back up the new powerplant. Besides that, like ZeroG (cody) said, we are planning to do the physical swap ourselves.

with the "Hammer" cam which type of valve springs or other allocations will i need. I've heard of using corvette springs because they can handle more. Im trying to plan this thing out to a T to help things move along smoothly.

so in a sense, if i were to buy a intake to oilpan engine and a cam for it, what other things will i have to change to be compatable with the new cam and have a strong daily driver. Dependability is a key factor in the choosing of my cam. The truck has to be able to perform yet still be able to drive on trips out of town.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Going through with it!

02-up LS6 valve springs or COMP 918 valve springs...i would go with the comp springs personally.