Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

good gains?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good gains?

i want some extra power, don't want to spend a fortune, my plan is:
pacesetter LT's with high flow cats
nelson tune
magnaflow muffler to replce flowmater
flexilite electric fans
K&n filter+airaid MIT tube
i come out with about $1700
Old 03-27-2006, 02:24 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Nitrous works good too. Also you can pick up a set of LS1/LT1 fans for a good bit less than the flex a lites.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd put a Trailblazer stall on your list too to get that heavy crew cab off of the line (unless you do some really heavy hauling).
Old 03-27-2006, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SS_bnoon_SS
I'd put a Trailblazer stall on your list too to get that heavy crew cab off of the line (unless you do some really heavy hauling).
I agree, I TB stall would be perfect for it, the TB stall is suppose to keep all of your towing capabilities...
Old 03-27-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree with getting the LS1 fans, saves a good bit there. Also why keep the cats? just get the Pacesetter ORY... although I have an aftermarket intake I think they are overrated and mod $$$ could be better spent in most cases
Old 03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

well no nitrous, i not using this for racing, as far a a TB stall, too much mork, trying to keep it at a point were i can do most of the work, as far as the fans i have herd there is some "modding to get them to fit and the flexalites just slip in, and i am lazy
i have herd that intakes don't really do much and you can acieve the same thing form a high flow filter and MIT tube
Old 03-27-2006, 05:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Nah, Id bet the LS1fans are actually easier to get in than the FAL's.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by stone150
well no nitrous, i not using this for racing, as far a a TB stall, too much mork, trying to keep it at a point were i can do most of the work, as far as the fans i have herd there is some "modding to get them to fit and the flexalites just slip in, and i am lazy
i have herd that intakes don't really do much and you can acieve the same thing form a high flow filter and MIT tube
I think your on the right track. The mods you listed above will give you great grinning gains for the money. I agree with you about the CAI kits as well.
The replacement tube and a drop in K&N air filter would be the way to go.
Though I would definately give the e-fans a try. It's worth the extra money.
They are slimmer than the factory fan shroud, so there shouldn't be any modding needed to make it fit. The benifits will be better acceleration, lower idle temps, colder A/C during long idling times, cooler under hood temps in heavy traffic, quicker engine warm-up time, and best of all, better MPG.
I however do not recommend it for off-roaders that will be in water that will come up to the grill to where the e-fans will suck in water and possibly burn up the e-fans.
You would think I sell these e-fans or something... .
Anyways, do the mods you listed above and enjoy better performance and reliability.

Jim
Old 03-27-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I dropped a 1/2 second in the quarter with the mods in my sig, which is similar to what you are looking at. I could probably drop another 2 tenths with a decent tune.

Looks like a good plan to me. Would probably get the best of both worlds, more power and slightly better gas mileage if you can keep your foot out of it!
Old 03-27-2006, 06:36 PM
12 Second Truck Club

JFYI, I picked up 2.5-3 MPG and .25 at the track with my LS1 fans. If you decide to do them, and need a harness pm me.

Quick Reply: good gains?