Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

got the fuel setup licked.

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got the fuel setup licked.

its funny sometimes to have the answer right in front of your face but dont see it lol.

either way, the turbo kit is now almost done. piping and their coatings are being done.

the first kit will support 650 FWHP. we will have race kits with dual pump setups that will support 1000 HP. for the insane.

once all is completed and I have the dynos' videos and all posted for you, in the same process I will become a sponsor of ls1tech.com and offer a great deal to the board's members.

in all honesty I am quite excited over this project because its something that took me almost 2 years to get off the ground.

thanx guys.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:23 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What type of turbo kit you talking about? Single...twin?
Old 04-27-2004, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

its a single kit 67 we using. more then enough to support 750 FWHP including the air to air intercooler. with an upgrade to the turbo you can support 1000 FWHP. we will only be doing around 650 fwhp.

the kit will run extremely cool temperature wise. i mean cool. you will be surprised a turbo is even on your truck except with that waste gate going off lol

the kit fwhp level is simply corrected for stock based trucks. most guys dont do major engine block upgrades. everyone plays with power but neglect the engine, even though the engine is strong, but you have to be safe.

and most guys who buy brand new trucks dont want to turn their trucks into garbage with a shoddy kit.

i personally love the radix system. when it first came out almost 2 years ago, i went with one. dropped serious numbers with custom manufactured pulleys.

the problem i came across was, everyone said"you cant do a turbo on a truck, its too hard, and too many problems." thats all BS. i mean BS.

you got 4 cylinder imports running 550-700 rwhp! doing 9s 10s no problem. yea they spend $20K in doing it, if not more, but they do it.

we have a V8 in our trucks that will pound the living **** out of an import, regardless of weight. you just got to know how to set it up.

sorry for the long story, but its been an oppressed project in me lolol

thanx.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much for the kit? Which motor for 650 fwhp?
Old 04-27-2004, 11:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by speedhoe04
its a single kit 67 we using. more then enough to support 750 FWHP including the air to air intercooler. with an upgrade to the turbo you can support 1000 FWHP. we will only be doing around 650 fwhp.

the kit will run extremely cool temperature wise. i mean cool. you will be surprised a turbo is even on your truck except with that waste gate going off lol

the kit fwhp level is simply corrected for stock based trucks. most guys dont do major engine block upgrades. everyone plays with power but neglect the engine, even though the engine is strong, but you have to be safe.

and most guys who buy brand new trucks dont want to turn their trucks into garbage with a shoddy kit.

i personally love the radix system. when it first came out almost 2 years ago, i went with one. dropped serious numbers with custom manufactured pulleys.

the problem i came across was, everyone said"you cant do a turbo on a truck, its too hard, and too many problems." thats all BS. i mean BS.

you got 4 cylinder imports running 550-700 rwhp! doing 9s 10s no problem. yea they spend $20K in doing it, if not more, but they do it.

we have a V8 in our trucks that will pound the living **** out of an import, regardless of weight. you just got to know how to set it up.

thanx.
I don't mean to be rude, but if you are building this awesome turbo kit, don't you think you should know that you cannot hear a wastegate? It simply lets exhaust gas bypass the turbo to keep boost in check, a BOV keeps the turbo from spinning backwards when letting off the throttle which you can hear.

Maybe it was a simple brain fart, I don't mean to be skeptical. I purchased a "custom" turbo kit for a 2k eclipse v6 from a small guy and **** was all wrong so it makes me leary of new products.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the kit fwhp level is simply corrected for stock based trucks
What does that mean?
Old 04-28-2004, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Ryan23silverado
What does that mean?
looks like the kit's front wheel hp will be corrected, which doesn't make a bit of sense...
Old 04-28-2004, 01:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanx.
your saying with this kit (proper setup??) that it will make a stock truck capable of the 9-10's, and weight has no factor because it has a v8? those are some pretty quick hondas you must have seen, i have seen very few hondas run 9s or 10's. wow im impressed
Old 04-28-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fwhp is flywheel horsepower (power from the engine w/o going through the drivetrain), but why is it "corrected"?
Old 04-28-2004, 01:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by retsell
looks like the kit's front wheel hp will be corrected, which doesn't make a bit of sense...
Its flywheel HP he is talking about.

Why are you guys critisizing this guy so much? He wants to become a sponser, and is building a turbo kit for our trucks. If it werent for guys like him our aftermarket would be as small as the HEMI.

speedhoe04, keep up the good work, and definatly let us know how it turns out. Im looking forward to seeing some numbers.

Quick Reply: got the fuel setup licked.