Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Got a good update about my problem...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got a good update about my problem...

Allan just sent me this message.....

Got the cover off..the cam\crank gear is dot-dot..BUT the crank gear is installed on the wrong "keyway" for dot-dot. Basically advanced by 2 teeth on the crank gear.

Was able to make a new "dot" on the crank gear and got the cam realigned without moving the crank gear. The Rollmaster has multiple keyways on the crank gear and once you move the gear you can't go by the orginal dot on the crank gear..understand?

The cam is now 2 deg advanced..most Comp cams will only have 2 deg ground in,so with a 114 LSA,you should now have an 110 ICL.

Will dyno tomorrow and let you know.

Allan
Old 12-20-2004, 07:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Glad to hear it's all good
Old 12-20-2004, 07:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet .. glad to know it was nothing major.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:11 PM
TECH Addict

Yes, I feel alot better now. I just hope it lays down the numbers it should now. This shows you how good a guy Allan is. He is really backed up with work and I told him not to worry about how long it took to get to it. He went ahead and fit it in to his busy schedule.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you pay good money for a pro engine builder to put this engine together?

That is great news it's an easy fix,man wait until that baby hits the dyno,you'l be one happy SOB
Old 12-20-2004, 09:29 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The instructions with the Rollmaster set are horrible. Glad it was found quickly.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Did you pay good money for a pro engine builder to put this engine together?

That is great news it's an easy fix,man wait until that baby hits the dyno,you'l be one happy SOB
I did pay good money to get the engine built. I will be talking with him to see if he will help out with the cost of repairs. He may decline and say i should have brought it back to him. If he doesnt pay for part or all of it thats fine. I'm just happy it's ok.
Old 12-20-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ranwalk
I did pay good money to get the engine built. I will be talking with him to see if he will help out with the cost of repairs. He may decline and say i should have brought it back to him. If he doesnt pay for part or all of it thats fine. I'm just happy it's ok.
That sounds like a very good disposition. With that attitude I would be very surprised to hear that he doesnt help you out. I find myself more than willing to bend over backwards for people like you. I wish I could maintain such a good natured, proffesional approach. I, unfortunately, have a very bad temper and very little patience .
That setup is going to be awesome once its all set up. Your patience will pay off Im sure!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Doesnt sound like he's going to admit fault,this is one of those things that should not have been brought back to him for diagnostics,did you ask him if he degreed in the cam? IT was a machine shop/pro builder right?makes you wonder what the rest of it's like if he cant out in a cam correctly

Green tahoe would have just beat the **** out of him,then nicely asked for compensation
Old 12-20-2004, 11:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Now that Alan has the cam straight, I'm sure you will see some impressive #s with your set up and a FMS dyno tune. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: Got a good update about my problem...