Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Got my reply from Whipple

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2003, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got my reply from Whipple

Official reply from Whipple " Sorry we do not rebuild comps,if it only makes noise at idle and goes away when you raise the motor up you weill be ok". So looks like im either gonna have to run it, which it still functions fine just noisy, or there is a company here that reworks diesel twin screw blowers that maybe can help me, i dunno
Old 12-18-2003, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SPRAYEDSIERRA
Official reply from Whipple " Sorry we do not rebuild comps,if it only makes noise at idle and goes away when you raise the motor up you weill be ok". So looks like im either gonna have to run it, which it still functions fine just noisy, or there is a company here that reworks diesel twin screw blowers that maybe can help me, i dunno

I don't know. They used to rebuild them. They were going to rebuild mine last year right before summer but told me they were out of rebuildable stock so I had to order a new replacement for a grand. If it goes away at idle I wouldn't worry about it however it doesn't go away then you will need to do something before you really destroy it.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:02 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00z71sierra
...so I had to order a new replacement for a grand...
That sounds just like Whipple to me: "um sure, we'll rebuild it under warranty. Oh, but we are out of parts, so we'll sell you an upgrade to a new core for $1000. We still have your credit card on file. Please bend over."

When I sold my kit, the buyer called whipple and got suckered into paying $800 to get the whipple computer upgraded with the newest program.
Old 12-19-2003, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigTex
That sounds just like Whipple to me: "um sure, we'll rebuild it under warranty. Oh, but we are out of parts, so we'll sell you an upgrade to a new core for $1000. We still have your credit card on file. Please bend over."

When I sold my kit, the buyer called whipple and got suckered into paying $800 to get the whipple computer upgraded with the newest program.

I agree with you. It's not worth it for me to even call them for technical issues because I have a better chance of figuring out myself. At least get an 800# for the customers. Well I had no choice with that it was either buy the new replacement or be stuck with a $3000 piece of garbage. I had too much time and money invested in it not to. I will say though had the Radix been out I may very well have gotten the replacement from them and taken it off and sold it; then bought the Radix. Seems like that is the most complete kit on the market right now. Oh well, live and learn.