Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

has anyone had this? (brakes related)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone had this? (brakes related)

Here is Cali we just got our first good rain of the year. Since the rain, yesterday i noticed that when i come to a stop everything is fine and feels good. then i let off the brakes and I get a slight studder like the brake is still grabbing in the front or something. Feels like the brakes are sticking, but its only right after I let off the brake pedal and i can feel it slip/grab slightly before it just goes back to rolling normal with the brakes off. when its doing it i can feel it in the pedal a little bit as well. 04 with 5k miles. is it something loose u think or does ur trucks do this as well sometimes in the rain?

One more.. when u are at a light and are slowly inching up forward but still have the breaks slightly applied, its not like a smooth roll, more like kinda notchy.. noticable because the truck does a little bounce type feeling like its grabbing, letting go, grabbing, letting go, instead of just being smooth. help!! thx guys
Old 10-19-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The brake pads are probably coated in all the oil that collects on the roads here and then gets kicked up when it rains......mine was doing the same thing in Las Vegas yesterday (and it does it EVERY time it rains out here)
Old 10-19-2004, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Mine feel like the grab harder in some spots like somehow they are worn more in some places. My pedal also hs to be deppresed pretty far for them to start grabbing my dad's 04 silverado you barely press it and it sticks. I think I need new brakes.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Possible ABS problem or maybe your rotors are warped. Tough to say. Hopefully just the oil deal like Yelo suggested.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

My brakes pulse like that when slowing also... Not all the time, but often.

Normally it'd be warped rotors that do that, but I'm not certain that's the problem. At least with mine, I think it's junk off the road.

I haven't found a good way to clean the stuff out, besides applying the brakes hard from highway-speeds a couple of times.
Old 10-19-2004, 05:51 PM
On The Tree

yea the crap on the road just might be it.. never noticed it till the first rain and i was like wtf is going on.. doesnt do it everytime either since the rain, when i go through little puddles or something. Ill have to check it out a little more. thats pretty interesting, before the chevs i never had a car that did this during a rainy season or even the first rain of the year.. yelo, anything to put on that or adjust so it doesnt do it? different pads maybe? something?
Old 10-19-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear that jessdog. My breaks havent done it to me. Thats really weird. Try soaking them with some break clean spray. If that works then you know it was **** from the road. If it doesnt, take it to the stealership if its under warrenty. But the break clean should do the trick.
Old 10-19-2004, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jessdog

One more.. when u are at a light and are slowly inching up forward but still have the breaks slightly applied, its not like a smooth roll, more like kinda notchy.. noticable because the truck does a little bounce type feeling like its grabbing, letting go, grabbing, letting go, instead of just being smooth. help!! thx guys
my truck does this!! i get sorta used to it though. your other problem i would say try the break clean!!
Old 10-20-2004, 11:03 AM
On The Tree

did the brake clean.. no go.. after all the rain dried up here it still freakin did it. ive concluded that it only does it when u come to a full stop, then let off the brake.. clunk sound and I can feel it in the brake pedal. doesnt do it if im coming to a stop but dont stop all the way cause traffic is moving again or whatever the case may be. this is whack, i have an appointment tom at the stealership.

on the up note, i had fun getting sidewayz everywhere i went, even when i wasnt trying!!