Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Has anyone run hooker aero chambers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone run hooker aero chambers

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the hooker aero chamber mufflers. I have only heard one set on a 428 ford engine and really liked it. Don't know how it would sound on a small block though.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have longtubes, Y pipe, AeroChamber in the I pipe, and 1 into 2 Dynomax...Now that the Dynomax has burned out a little, it sounds great.

Was way too loud and raspy without the 2nd muffler
Old 02-10-2011, 07:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have them on my 97, cammed 355, long tubes, no cats, 2.5 in duals with an h pipe, and i think it sounds amazing, best set up iv ever had and i have had 7 different set ups
Old 02-10-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I dont have any, but always heard they sounded great!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I run a si/so on mine with LTs ory and like it. I'm getting old and don't care for LOUD exhaust anymore. The aerochamber has a good tone without being too loud.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by white1
I run a si/so on mine with LTs ory and like it. I'm getting old and don't care for LOUD exhaust anymore. The aerochamber has a good tone without being too loud.
Would you consider it a quiet muffler? I'm looking for something to replace my droning, obnoxious Flowmaster but I want something quiet and most important no drone.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Teching In

I had them on my old truck and I have one on both of my current trucks. Love the way they sound. They're quieter than FM while idling or just driving around, but when you open it up they sound similar.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:19 AM
9 Second Club

They sound good as hell, I almost got one, but went magnaflow instead.
Old 02-10-2011, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Sotorin
Would you consider it a quiet muffler? I'm looking for something to replace my droning, obnoxious Flowmaster but I want something quiet and most important no drone.
Unless I missed it above, what is your exhaust setup. I personally think they are pretty quiet, I've run one before, but it was on a stock exhaust setup, just a muffler swap and it was too quiet for my taste. I've also heard one with stock manifolds and ORY and the aero chamber and it sounded good. They have a nice deep tone to them without being obnoxious for the most part, but with LT's and ORY I'm not sure.
Old 02-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by L33Z71
Unless I missed it above, what is your exhaust setup. I personally think they are pretty quiet, I've run one before, but it was on a stock exhaust setup, just a muffler swap and it was too quiet for my taste. I've also heard one with stock manifolds and ORY and the aero chamber and it sounded good. They have a nice deep tone to them without being obnoxious for the most part, but with LT's and ORY I'm not sure.
I have Kooks LTs with cats wired up to a Flowmaster exhaust. As I'm accelerating exhausts resonate so badly that the whole car vibrates and it goes up my let and arms. Then on the highway - 2.1K to 2.5K - in addition to being loud it gets into its sweet drone spot. Not fun.

Quick Reply: Has anyone run hooker aero chambers