Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

!!!!!!HEADER HELP and then some!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!HEADER HELP and then some!!!!!!!!

ok im new to the forum so please dont butcher me ok........
i have an 03 4wd 5.3 avalanche
im kinda in a hurry to figure this out because i need my exhaust done soon
i am trying to decide between
hedman headers shortys or pacestter long tubes
with no cats and a predator tune so i can get more that 8mpg and want throw 34563456 codes
im wanting to run 3 inch true duals with an H or an X pipe to help give me the low end torque.....
im also putting a transdapt throttle body spacer idk if it will help but im gonna give it a try...
i also have a k&n CAI
it has 37x13.50x20s kumhos so i need the torque to git these big ol tires a rollin...............
i like take off more than top speed because i have been 110 with those tires and i never wanna go that fast again lol when it was lowered yea 130 was fun but not now........
also im wonderin wat kinda muffler should i get im buildin a prerunner looking truck so i want something that is gonna sound like a race truck...
i was also wanting the exhaust to exit before the rear tires on both sides but idk if this is possible due to the gas tank....i was thinkin maybe some kinda heat shield would help...but thinkin always gets me in trouble so yea i thought i would ask........
o and i know this really isnt the forum but any cam suggestions i want a torque cam.......and about average price for the cam and all needed to install

any help is appreciated
Old 01-07-2008, 09:23 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't going to Butcher you until you said that....J/K welcome to PT.net
Shortys or Long tubes? That's an easy one...Long tubes. Everyone will agree that LT's are your only choice UNLESS your state laws prohibit them? But then you are willing to delete the cats so LT's.

X-Pipe

Don't bother with the spacer.

You NEED to re-gear. Me? That wouldbe the very first thing I would do with crazy big tires like those!!
Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Junkie

What he said^^^^ Hard to make mufflers suggestions since the are largely personal preference. A lot of people here like magnaflow and a lot do not like flowmasters.

Gears Gears Gears.... Just thought I would repeat this.

Cam suggestions are tough depending on if you are willing to run a stall and what you want out of it but I will throw one out maybe a 212/218 112 lsa
Old 01-07-2008, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok so go with the pacesetters or is there a better brand if so where can i find them..............
i figured the spacer wouldnt make a diff but i was like for 50bucks ill give it a try......
so any muffler suggestions i was looking at the dynomax race bullets and dynomax ultra flows that summit has are they any good....
yea i know i need gears im thinkin 4.56s
Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4.56 or more!
Spacer doesn't help with our engines.
Better than PS headers, most every other namebrand is better but better for the money, no.
Do the gears first. You will need to change front and rear of course. Don't forget to get a tune.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea i was gonna get the predator and then have the custom tune thru that
ok so im set on the pacesetters now i just have to make up my mind on the mufflers!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

most everybody hear hates on flowmasters but i have one and its ok ill be changing it out soon i hope, i loved my magnaflow that i had on my old truck, just kinda quiet, i also like the way the hooker mufflers sound, spintech i hear is good.
Old 01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

I think the dynomax ultra flow are nice mufflers.

Personally I wouldn't waste the money on the Predator. I used to have one and I got rid of it with in a month. From what I understand even the custom tunes with the predator are a lot more limited than what a custom tuner with something like HP Tuners or EFI live can do.

Everyone says Wheatly and Nelson >>>>> (sponsors) do great work
Old 01-07-2008, 10:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok i looked at nelson they seem real good.........
hmmm i just dont know what all i want as in shift points
how much tm removed an all
Old 01-07-2008, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the tuners have a "generic" tune they us for you depending on your mods. You just tell them what you have and they tune it according to what has worked in the past for good results sort of speak. You dont worry about TM or shift points thats their job.

Quick Reply: !!!!!!HEADER HELP and then some!!!!!!!!