Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

Header/Mid Pipe/Cats/exhaust questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Safe Side/CC
04 Sierra,
I got an 04 Sierra EC/SB in December & haven't done anything to it yet. Been reading posts on here & sounds like Corla or Magnaflow cat backs are the best. How do you like your Mag & Volant?
Thanks, Scott
Sorry for the delay in replying. I like the Magnaflow a lot. I thought it was too quiet at first, but after breaking it in, it is really nice. It has a nice tone when just idling or cruising but when you get on it, it really screams. I also got about 1 mpg increase after installing it. I also like the volant. The quality is very nice and it gave me a decent gain in power. I would suggest it.

Originally Posted by moregrip
04 Sierra, the reason I would replace them is because my ASM headers are not CARB approved and if I couldn't find a smog shop to overlook that I would have to put the stock manifolds back on to pass. But if I hacked up the stock Y-pipe(with cats) I would be SOL as well because 1. the stock manifold would no longer bolt up and 2. the visual would be altered do to the hacking of the stock Y-pipe.
OK, I understand. BigTex seems to have covered what all you could do.
Old 05-02-2004, 09:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 04sierra
Sorry for the delay in replying. I like the Magnaflow a lot. I thought it was too quiet at first, but after breaking it in, it is really nice. It has a nice tone when just idling or cruising but when you get on it, it really screams. I also got about 1 mpg increase after installing it. I also like the volant. The quality is very nice and it gave me a decent gain in power. I would suggest it.

OK, I understand. BigTex seems to have covered what all you could do.

Thanks much!